This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lx to Ex Swap

I hav a 1990 Accord Lx with no engine I will be puting a F22a4 from the ex accord.My question is will it be a direct fit or will I need mounts from the Ex I think the Lx comes with a F22a1(i think) and im puting in the F22a4(from the Ex) so will I need new mounts or anything.Dont wory I will put a H22a in the future but I still need to get it runing.

direct fit, u could use the search button and easily find this answer

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

please search. they're the same engine slight differences that benefit on your end --

its direct, except for your exhaust pipe between the manifold and the cat - you will need to use the a4 because of how it is set up (4-2-1 as opposed to 4-1)

once again, you will find this all by searching.

have fun

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

I love the fact that I can post after a lock

One thing about the LX that's actually better than the EX is that you have a solid (well, semi-solid) rear mount. Many EX guys swap out their rear mount (which is oil filled or something... comfort, not performance)

The F22A4 isn't the best of motors though... if you can get an A6, that would be the better choice. The A4 had something screwy with the head design... valve #3 tends to burn for whatever reason. alb_accord had it happen twice. Many get by without ever having the trouble, but it's something to be aware of.

Comment

Working...
        X