h22 swapping questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 swapping questions

Seller told me the h22 motor comes with intake, manifold and block.
    How much should this cost me? I've been quoted $800 CDN, does this sound right?

He said to do the complete swap with my 91 accord, i need to buy a p28 chip and program.

I like many other people on this board have tried to read the threads about swaps, and they're way too technical for my brain to understand.

If there is anything I should know or anything else that I need to make the swap happen, any help will be appreciated.

If you're wondering, why am I doing a swap when I don't know anything about it. My engine is getting very weak now at 340,000km and I just ordered new suspensions. Therefore, I'm hoping to keep the car for another 4-5 years or have it running for another 4-5 years. The body is in really great condition. I read that a h22 fits well into the cb7's, and that f23's will give the installer headaches -- therefore more money. This is why I'm doing it. So no flaming! lol

Are you buying the whole engine? Thats pretty cheap depending on condition. I duno canadian converted to US i think its less? Anyway a chipped p28 would be a better way to go as i have one. You can run the Stock P13 that comes with it. H22A is like a direct drop in and is basically a straight forward swap should have no problem if you keep reading up on the faq they have on here.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Are you buying the whole engine? Thats pretty cheap depending on condition. I duno canadian converted to US i think its less? Anyway a chipped p28 would be a better way to go as i have one. You can run the Stock P13 that comes with it. H22A is like a direct drop in and is basically a straight forward swap should have no problem if you keep reading up on the faq they have on here.
      $800 CDN is around $700 USD

it's not the complete setup (according to the seller).
      he said it's just the motor + intake + manifold + block
      i can use my existing tranny
      the seller will be sending me pictures tomorrow, but he said the engine was running before it was taken out.

does h22 only use premium fuel?

i won't be installing it myself, i will be getting someone else to do it. i just want to make sure im not missing anything. i want to know how much im spending in total instead of finding out i need to spend an extra $200 here and there.

Comment

i think im gonna scrap the h22 idea.
        thinking about a f22b now. i dont really care about power

Comment

Originally posted by drey
          i think im gonna scrap the h22 idea.
          thinking about a f22b now. i dont really care about power
          And whys that atleast its reliable power?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            And whys that atleast its reliable power?

x2, very well stated

Comment

$800 CDN for an H22 is a VERY good price. If you get it, be careful that it's a good motor. You can use a stock P13 ECU (the Prelude ECU). A P28 requires modification and a custom written chip... it's great for aftermarket performance (I'm having mine installed and tuned this weekend) but it's not really necessary.

F22B is just as hard as the H22. Might as well get some more power if you're going to do the work! If you want something easier and don't care about power, just swap in another F22A. F22As are very good motors in their own right. I actually prefer them over the B.

Comment

800 is prob normal price. You arent getting a distributor thats 200 bucks right there, unless you find a used one.
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                X