• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im double checking the pin tomorrow.

But it still pulls like a sonofabitch compared to the auto f
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

yea maybe bad ecu.. but make sure everything else is good before you start spending money

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

dayam i was reading this thread then i found out that i can possibly have this same "no vtec" problem. my motor redlines fine but i hear no distinct "pop" or cross over point into vtec. i have no CELs either. i do hear the change in tone at around 5k prolly due to my IABs opening but it isn't as loud as the vtecs i've driven. it does pull hard till redline though.

i'm stumped as well. ECU swappage is my first option. do you guys think i can run a USDM p13 on a JDM motor? never actually heard of such a thing. HELP!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
          dayam i was reading this thread then i found out that i can possibly have this same "no vtec" problem. my motor redlines fine but i hear no distinct "pop" or cross over point into vtec. i have no CELs either. i do hear the change in tone at around 5k prolly due to my IABs opening but it isn't as loud as the vtecs i've driven. it does pull hard till redline though.

i'm stumped as well. ECU swappage is my first option. do you guys think i can run a USDM p13 on a JDM motor? never actually heard of such a thing. HELP!

Yessir you can and you can pass emissions =P. WEll maybe.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i double what nail said. everyone all having problems with the bteq
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Check out rapidvince on ebay. I bought a chipped p13 from him and it kicks hard. He also has chipped p28's that a buddy of mine picked up from him that is pretty sweet too.
              my ride

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
                Check out rapidvince on ebay. I bought a chipped p13 from him and it kicks hard. He also has chipped p28's that a buddy of mine picked up from him that is pretty sweet too.
                bteq is not suppose to kick hard, its suppose to be a smooth transition. :no:

Comment

Do you see vtec in my post? I didnt think so. Let me put it in more clarifying terms before someone else attempts to assume. The overall performance of the car was much better over a stock p13. Major increse in the 2000-5000rpm range. A more immediate response from the throttle....hense the term "kick".
                  my ride

Comment

Well this whole thread is about Vtec, what does your chipped p13 have anything to do with this thread then if you arent talking about vtec?

Comment

He asked about where to find a p13....I gave a suggestion of where to find one....and the results I had with this ECU. It seems this thread was leaning more to finding a ECU with vtec....not just vtec itself.
                      my ride

Comment

Originally posted by 91whitecb7
                        HA BIG UPDATE!! finally.. i fixed it.. my ECU was the problem.. i traded with my friend before work.. then after work i gave it a shot.. then POOF!! IT WORKS!! i went vtec crazy that night.. whew.. man im happy.. so yea.. i gotta go buy another ecu.. has any of you guys bought an ecu off ebay? the JUN p13 ecu.. the sellers name is jdmdohcpower.. just wondering if you guys have any experience with their ECU's.. and if its legit.. im thinking about buying one.. but i dont wanna waste my money and end up with a bad ecu again.. but im glad i kno vtec is working now
                        Let me refresh your memory
                        my ride

Comment

And i mist that post, im an ass.

Comment

I thought he already found one....And then everybody started posting up there problems there having with there VTEC no engaging and crap..

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                            X