Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate H22 Swap guitar from ultimateresourceguide.com????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate H22 Swap guitar from ultimateresourceguide.com????

http://www.ultimateresourceguides.co...9093/index.php

Has anyone ever bought this? What did you think of it?

Lol, sorry dude. Smokin too much sleep.

Comment

I bought it way before I ever found this site. It is helpful b.c it lays out all the steps w/ pictures; but like Rickyduckworth said all the info you need is on here you just have to look for it. And it free!

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

Although it could be very useful if it's as clearly layed out as it says the book is. I i might get it just for the future H22 swap.

Comment

I just bought the book.

You get some added books as bonus which is nice, but not completly need.

I read through all 48 pages and I think it's GREAT!!! There are about 4 issues which I will post a thread about that I am still concerned that the book doesn't cover quite as clear as I need it to.

If you are going to do an H22a swap I HIGHLY suggest this book. I combines everything into one, which we do not have on this site right now.

I give it a B+ or an A I wish that there were more pictures.

Comment

h22a swap guide

yes i bought it before i even found out about this site and yes it has some good information and pictures in it but it was missing info that i found on this site later on about the tranny mount mount you have to retap if you a a 5 speed.

Comment

:/ was expectin some sort of wierd cool new guitar or something lol

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                I read through all 48 pages and I think it's GREAT!!! There are about 4 issues which I will post a thread about that I am still concerned that the book doesn't cover quite as clear as I need it to.

I am sure you WONT need to post a thread asking about where the book lacks. With an abundance of the owners on this board already having done the swap, I can guarantee that it has already been covered, so just search first.

Not to mention, there has already been at least one thread that asked the same question about the "resource guide".

Comment

This site helped me out on the swap. Why would you need to buy a book when the swap is a direct drop in? Its a waste of money IMO plus as mentioned if you get a snag most of the info is already on the site. The only problem i had throughout my swap was converting from internal to external coil (which i got the info off this site)other than that it was basic drop in.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I am sure you WONT need to post a thread asking about where the book lacks. With an abundance of the owners on this board already having done the swap, I can guarantee that it has already been covered, so just search first.

Not to mention, there has already been at least one thread that asked the same question about the "resource guide".
                    All you keep saying is search. I have serached the hell out of h22 swaps on this site for the past week. It's not that easy. There is a reason why no one has made a complete swap guide, it's because it's not easy to gather all the information. I'm workin on it.

Why would you need to buy a book when the swap is a direct drop in? Its a waste of money IMO plus as mentioned if you get a snag most of the info is already on the site. The only problem i had throughout my swap was converting from internal to external coil (which i got the info off this site)other than that it was basic drop in.
                    Are you for real? Direct drop in? wtf? Wiring? The guide goes into HUGE detail on what to do regarding the coil and wiring. Also things to watch out for, tips on how to keep everything in order. How the hell can you say it's a waste of money when (I could be wrong) you don't even own it?!

Comment

Yea it is direct drop in other than minor work. Woopdee doo its only 4 wires you need to hook up. And yes most of the stuff is in the sticky. It may tell you how to organize stuff but its common sense. Get you something like a tray with dividers that will sort out bolts or just label them in a plastic bag. Really not that hard if you think about it. And yes when my friends and I did the swap we mostly used this board just for the wiring and external coil. Everything else was basic. Replacing all the seals and basic preventive maintenance. But everyone is different. Im not saying the manual is worthless to some people i just think IMO its a waste of money. Its only an opinion.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This site will provide more than enough information than that guide can ever hope to provide.
                        That "guide" was made from information taken from webforums, the author went by the username 92lx on a few boards and he took many articles from superhonda.com, purehonda, honda-acura, accordinglydone and probably some from this site too. He got in a lot of shit because in the vids that were on the cd he forgot to edit the titles out so the superhonda.com logo was still visible when u played them. I have the originals, only after he got a lot of shit then he went back and tried to redo the so called guide.
                        Total waste of money though, its beyond lame.
                        Dedicated 5th Gen Accord online community

Comment

I disagree with the above statement. If you were totally lost, like me, and needed something that made since that was all packaged together, I would buy this guide. I totally agree all this information is out there, but for $30 I think it's worth it considering your are going to spend ~$2000 for a swap.

Comment

Its like h22 swap guide for dumbass's who cant search. why pay 30 bucks when its all free? you just gotta search!

why didnt you go buy a book that taught you how to paint? it would of turned out 100x's better! but props for trying it with out a guide!

maybe you should do the same for this!

"H22A" is the Honda engine code for the 200hp (or 190HP in some versions), 2.2L engine natively found in the Honda Prelude VTEC trim.It is a very popular engine swap for 90-93 Accords as it not only solves the problem of too little power from the stock 125-140hp engine, but is almost a direct swap into the engine bay of a 90-93 Accord as well.

and the auto tensioner, isnt really necessary he is just trying to scare you, if it was really that defective dont you think honda?(king of all) could easly come up with a solution? wouldnt people be sueing, wouldnt they have a recall?

give me a fucking break! the dumbfuck propably just installed something wrong..

/rant

HAHAHAHA
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Auto tensioner is good from the factory even though most people diss it. The only reason i have heard why people change there cars out to the manual tensioners is if they keep it in the high RPM ranges all day such as track racing or autocrossing but i could be wrong or they just like to run there car hard and are just doing it for preventive maintenance so if the timing belt skips timing you dont get fucked in the ass as hard. But i agree with phatdoughnut.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X