info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Direthought
    maybe I dont know what i'm talking about.
    Confirmed. Your idea is correct but it seems you were being budget-sensitive in your recommendations. Not the case in increasing the bore size on his engine. It has aluminum sleeves, not iron sleeves, therefore you can't bore it very far at all. Basically just a big hone. To increase bore size would involve resleeving the block which is very expensive.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Actually, the H22 has FRM sleeves. But you are correct about needing to resleeve to do any overbore work.

That's part of the crazy expense when boosting the H22. Certain Mahle (and I believe JUN/Cosworth) pistons are good for using the stock sleeves. However, the stock sleeves can only take so much. It'd be wise to upgrade when going turbo anyway.

Comment

Glad i've been correcting before any harm was done.

Comment

...another option you have if your keeping the stock bore size and you wanna increase the compression you can use the press-in iron sleeves and use forged pistons then if you didn't want to risk you frm block. you can also use a thinner head gasket such as hondata to increase compression. you gotta have a goal in mind though. i need to listen to my own advice on this one because i don't know my direction of preference. You have FI or N/A. perhaps even N/A on the bottle.
          91 Ex CB9
          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
          Weight Reductions
          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Working...
          X