This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweeaks
    $3500 covered my swap from HMO. I ordered only the motor and used an F22 tranny though. This price included JDM h22, JDM ECU, XTD clutch and flywheel, all seals and replaced, water pump replaced, timing belt replaced, H23 tensioner, ngk wires and platinum plugs rotor and dist cap replaced, basically everything thats easy to do while out of the car and a pita while in the car, this also includes the 5 speed parts car I used for the auto->manual swap. I had to buy a new master cylinder, slave cylinder and clutch dampner as the parts on the parts car were bad. Everything was replaced with OEM stuff. This doesn't include the extra i'm out for my exhaust setup. I used the JDM header, had to order the downpipe. The cat didn't bolt up so I had to order a prelude which to my surprise also doesn't bolt up. And the catback I had to order. Don't forget oil and fluids oil filter which will run another ~$50-$75 if using OEM or another quality oil and tranny fluid. Then just to be safe I drained all of the fluids after~150 miles and replaced them and the oil filter. Alltogether I spent over $4K and I am still F22 trannying it.....
    thanks for that response, since i'll be doing a h22 swap and an auto to manual thats what i was hoping to see. I told myself I won't start the swap until I have 5 grand in hand, but my friends keep on trying to convince me just to drive to hmotors and buy the motor today.

Comment

At least you're going to hmotors... they're the best (even though Steve promised me paperwork for my motor... I never got it. Ask him about if for me, would you? )

If you get the motor, it'll probably be in good shape. Even with my list above, my shop DID NOT change the timing belt, water pump, or clutch. Almost 3 years later, I'm doing the clutch. When I put in my new cams, I'll do the timing belt and probably the water pump.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        At least you're going to hmotors... they're the best (even though Steve promised me paperwork for my motor... I never got it. Ask him about if for me, would you? )

If you get the motor, it'll probably be in good shape. Even with my list above, my shop DID NOT change the timing belt, water pump, or clutch. Almost 3 years later, I'm doing the clutch. When I put in my new cams, I'll do the timing belt and probably the water pump.
        thats my only reason for going to hmotors, the paperwork since i'll need it to get the swap legalized. My original plan was just to buy a blown h22 long block and sleeve the block and build it from there, but theres no way to prove the engine is legit to the ref. and I wouldn't pass smog anyways

Comment

first of all(DHN): "HOMIE" that comment about common sense is ridiculous! why should you blaze on someone who simply looked over a needed fix? get some common sense and realize that the thread was to show an example of something that can go wrong while doing the H swap!

second of all(FATA$$DOUGHNUT): i do know what the hell i'm doing or it wouldn't be running now would it? i have 10+ swaps under my belt so don't say that until you actually know the facts. sounds to me like you don't know what the hell you're talking about! and i did replace everything on hmotors list with the BEST parts!

anyone can say ignorant and obnoxious things over a keyboard and monitor!

it really sucks that this thread, which was intended to inform people about the extra cost of the H swap, has now turned into a BLAZE-A-THON!

Comment

And you flame right back... nice. Thanks a lot to those that actually DID give some helpful advice.

Locked.

Comment

since it was brought up, and someone inevitably will ask, cost of a swap:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=swap+cost

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
              X