H22 Long Block Questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Long Block Questions??

Turns out I am going to get a H22 long block from hmotorsonline and then get a p28 ecu. As far as the long block goes I know it comes with the sensors on the engine, but are there any other sensors or anything else for that matter that I'm going to need to get to make my swap work. I't going into a 90 accord....Thanks

Edit: Am I going to have to get an accord itermediate shaft??
    Last edited by VtecFreak; 08-30-2003, 12:25 AM.

Re: H22 Long Block Questions??

Originally posted by VtecFreak
    Turns out I am going to get a H22 long block from hmotorsonline and then get a p28 ecu. As far as the long block goes I know it comes with the sensors on the engine, but are there any other sensors or anything else for that matter that I'm going to need to get to make my swap work. I't going into a 90 accord....Thanks

Edit: Am I going to have to get an accord itermediate shaft??
    If your Accord is a 5-Speed you can use the Intermediate shaft you already have.

The only thing you have to make sure you are getting to make it work is the Distributor. Make sure their long block includes it. Long blocks do not normally include accessories and the distributor is considered an accessory.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Yeah my accord is a five speed so it's good to know that's something I don't need to worry about. And as far as all the sensors go I just use the ones that are already on the accord, correct? Here is a list of things included with the long block from hmotoronline:
      - Motor
      - Intake Manifold
      - Exhaust Manifold
      - Injectors
      - Fuel Rail
      - Throttle body
      - Alternator
      - Distributor

Long blocks average 25,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty.

Thanks for the help so far everyone, I'm learning a lot

Comment

You are going to be recylcing allot from your 4th gen. For example all the accessory brackets and accessories like the PS Pump, Alternator, and A/C Compressor. That is if you still want A/C and power steering.

All your brackets will bolt up to the H22 Block. Use the Accord's wiring harness to make life easier and add the neccesary wiring. Since I see you are going to use the P28 ECU you will only need to add Vtec Solonoid and Preasure sensor. The P28 does not have knock capability or IAB. You'll be sacrificing some low end power but since the engine is so much more powerful over your F22 you'll probably not notice it.

Other then that it's pretty streight forward. Pretty much plug and play. This swap doesn't require to much guess work.

Post any other question you may have we'll be happy to answer them to the best of our knowledge. And Collectivily, that's allot of knowledge lol.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Just bought a JDM H22 long block from hmotors, unfortunatly they didn't have a usdm engine so now I have to deal with the whole internal/external (whicih ever one the JDM has) coil issue. Does anyone have some insight on how to deal with this fairly inexpensively. And I also have a question about emmissions, will it be a problem for getting my car through DEQ??

Comment

Working...
          X