h22 boosted accord axle question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 boosted accord axle question...

i know this has been covered alot, becasue i searched... however there were some saying prelude axles will work and some saying they wont... but .. ive got a boosted h22 in my 92 accord... i did the swap myself almost 2 years ago and used the accord axles... the axles are getting tired and need replacing.. when i did the swap originally i read in an article of "Honda Tunning" that you could use either the prelude axles and half shaft or the accord axles with the accord half shaft.. so at the time i bought a Fidanza prelude axles and i have a male splined prelude half shaft as well.. the reason i want too run the prelude ones is because of the male half shaft and they probably are a little bit stronger... but i just need to know if anyone has run the prelude shafts/half shaft as well... in an accord and not had any problems.... thanks in advace, and sorry for the long post!

from what ive herd u can use the lude axles if ur also using the lude halfshaft.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchaccord
      from what ive herd u can use the lude axles if ur also using the lude halfshaft.
      thanks for the reply dude... and that is exactly what i have heard as well... but then other people say that they have used the lude axles and have had "binding issues".... so i would looooove to hear from someone who has used the lude axles with success! thanks for the reply

Comment

No experience with lude axles here. I have since sites and post stating both can be used. I am in favor of the accord axles though. The are the ones that are made to fit the accord chasis unlike the wider lude axles. If your boosted and you want stronger axles just get higher rated axles for the your car.
        91 Ex CB9
        JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
        p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
        Weight Reductions
        R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by flight50
          No experience with lude axles here. I have since sites and post stating both can be used. I am in favor of the accord axles though. The are the ones that are made to fit the accord chasis unlike the wider lude axles. If your boosted and you want stronger axles just get higher rated axles for the your car.
          i agree with you, however i few months back i already bought the passenger side Fidanza shaft (for the lude).. and those arent cheap, so im kinda stuck with it...

Comment

Well not really. You can always ebay it and start over with the accord axles. For which car do you have the drive shaft for.
            91 Ex CB9
            JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
            p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
            Weight Reductions
            R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by flight50
              Well not really. You can always ebay it and start over with the accord axles. For which car do you have the drive shaft for.

true.. ive got a passenger side fidanza shaft (i think 92-96) and a prelude half shaft.

Comment

lude axles are longer htan accord ones so if you are lowered you may have binding issues using them.

Comment

Hi there newcomer

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                  For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Working...
                  X