H22a Redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a Redline

i searched a couple places that sold this motor and they had 2 different redline
    one was 7800 and 8200. does anyone know which is true?

Redline is at 7200 and the REV limiter is at 7800. I think the JDM H22A have the 8200 limiter.

Comment

Depends on ecu tho every h22a, h22a4 I've driven has had the 8200rpm rev limit and only stays in vtec right at the rev limit.
      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
      registration is free

Comment

^^^ You will short the life just like revving it to 7200-7500rpms... Then again all hard driving shorts the life of the motor.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

I shift around 7400 and I stay in VTEC range. There's no need to take a stock motor above 7500. Even if the limiter is set that high. You aren't making any more power up there unless you have some head upgrades.

Comment

^yeah I'm getting my car mixed up with h22s with h22 trannys.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

ok so normally around 7500 is redline? thats still pretty good for a stock h22.
              a lot better than my old baja,lol. by getting better engine components like performance heads, cam, and crankshaft will rpm redline be higher for higher revs? if so will it be safe?

Comment

Yea and if you do that you should get that manual tensioner conversion. Plus valvesprings will help out if you wanna rev higher.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Stiffer valvesprings will make higher revs safer. A set of upgraded cams and some headwork will make the higher range more productive. The manual tensioner isn't necessary, but it IS safer.

If you're going to replace the crankshaft, you might as well do a full block build. The stock crank is pretty well balanced. Your rods would probably give out before that would!

Comment

cool guys, thanks for all the info. i cant wait untell i have the $$ for a h22a swap.

Comment

Working...
                    X