Alternator belt for H22 swap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator belt for H22 swap??

I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Anyway I'm dealing with a high pitched sqeul(sp) sound when I start the car. I'm using a belt for a 90 accord because the H22 belt didn't fit. I've already had one belt walk off so I need to fix this some time soon.

there is a adjusting bolt under the alternator that needs to be tightened.

im assuming thats the prob since you said it came off before. but check it for wear or cracks... squeeling can be caused by a wornout belt too.

Comment

Which alternator are you using? When I had my swap done, my mechanics said I could't use my Accord alt (which was brand new) because the pulleys were sized different. In other words, the Accord alternator would need the F22 belt, but the pully on the H22 would need a different one... I took their word for it and never actually looked myself (which I'm kicking myself for now, cuz my alternator is going...). That could possibly be the cause of improper belt fitment though, if you're using the Accord alternator.

Comment

damn you got burned dude. the alternators are exactly the same. all you ahd to do was switch the pulleys
        FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Eh, either way... I still have both... my mechaincs weren't the brightest guys... they did a good job, but took 2 weeks doing it.

Comment

Working...
          X