f20b sir-t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20b sir-t

alright so i found an f20b sir-t swap (215hp@8,000rpm...141tq@7200rpm) and it comes with lsd tranny and the redline is 8200 and it is a manual.....is this the real deal? the rare one everyone talks about i foudn it for pretty cheap and im wondering if its worth buying over the h22....any help would be appreciated....and dont tell me to search cuz i have been noone talks about the sir-t juss the euro-r automatic piece of crap

i mean its all up to you ifyou want the rare factor or the money factor juss do what you want personally id go wit the h22 for less money but id go wit the f20b for the rare factor .....

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
    nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
    nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
    nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
    AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
    AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
    AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
    nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
      i mean its all up to you ifyou want the rare factor or the money factor juss do what you want personally id go wit the h22 for less money but id go wit the f20b for the rare factor .....
      What he said. Personally i thought about gettin an F20B before throwing in my H22. But i think its a good motor to work with just gotta do some converting and you should be set.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

f20b = 200hp not 215... it has no real advantages imo... And as for a complete swap its not like the tranny has a gearing advantage or anything. And I dunno what euro-r automatic piece of crap you are talking about, but euro-r = manual with 220hp, more torque and a nice gearing advantage. thats the only swap worth getting over a regular h22 imo.
        HSHO #3

Comment

It's a motor I'd like to have, just to tinker and see what kind of time they put into it to get H22-like power from a 2.0 4cyl. If you're going NA, it's tops for a stock engine. I personally wouldn't touch the block or head, maybe mess with a better flowing intake manifold, larger throttle-body and nice header...but that's about it. It's well-designed. That tranny is sweet too. Get it, install it and drive it like it's meant to be driven...that's ballz to the frickin wall
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Just go with the base model isnt the sir-t obd2 good luck with that shit. Enough of the jdm/euro bling get the base model witht he money left over you can have a built bottom end with some cams to throw in there for next summer coming.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              Just go with the base model isnt the sir-t obd2 good luck with that shit. Enough of the jdm/euro bling get the base model witht he money left over you can have a built bottom end with some cams to throw in there for next summer coming.
              There is no such thing as an "OBD2 engine". Only the type of management running it. Getting an OBD1 chipped ECU to run that motor, as far as wiring goes, would be nice and simple. I'd do it.

Comment

i did an f20b swap in a 92 4dr lx, and i must say, after all the bullshit i went through its pretty quick. still needs to be put up on the dyno and tuned. i'll help you out if you decide to go through with the swap. this is what i did:

got a obd1 p28, chipped with hondata, programed for an f20b (this way you dont have to wire the knock sensor or the pressure switch or iabs)

got an obd1 h22a dizzy

got an obd1 h22a intake manifold and throttle body (so the iacv was obd1)

re-used the stock axles, wiring harness, and f22 clutch and tranny

re-used the stock mounts; the drivers side mount on the block you have to swap out off of your f22, when you use this mount, only 2 of the 3 holes bolt up, everything's held up good so far.

used a h22 downpipe mated to the stock f20b upper header, an h22 header would work also.

that's about it, but i've done both h22a and f20b swap, both cars haul ass. one day they'll race

Comment

Mate up a better tranny than F22 IMO for allmotor setup

Comment

M2B4 is a must if your gonna do all motor H series (the 94-97 EX accord tranny is good too since it doesnt have the 5th gear problems of the H22 tranny's)
                    OS^e
                    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

he was gonna buy a jdm lsd h22 tranny, but he didnt have the cash at the time, so mabye later on. and my brother's car (the green ex) has a jdm h22 with a stock f22 tranny and it hauls with just intake and exhaust, stock h22 header

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
                        M2B4 is a must if your gonna do all motor H series

actually t2w4 is
                        HSHO #3

Comment

did anyone else notice that he has lx rida's cb7 in his sig pic

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                            actually t2w4 is
                            T2T4 is the code for the JDM F20B vtec tranny.

Comment

like ours said before, yes and no. rare factor yes/but more money than a h22=no. h22 less money = saving money for more parts. its up to you. no everyone else

Comment

Working...
                              X