f22b1 vs. h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1 vs. h23

Allright guys this past weekend I blew up my engine... ....so I really need to get another one as soon as possible since I go to school and work, plus I have to visit my girlfriend in Clearwater.... so i would like to know which engine should i get...

h23, no question
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

H23 160hp, dohc vs. F22b1 145hp, economy sohc vtec

the H23 gets my vote.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

H23, Less wiring headaches and more power for the time spent.

Comment

H23 hands down. F22b1 is about as much work as a H22, and the h22 is less wiring and work. Plus more power, only downside is non-vtec Goodluck

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
          ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
          ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

I don't really know if you mean H23A1 or H23A, or if you mean F22B1 or F22B, but I'd probably go with F22B, it has thicker sleeves if you're gonna turbo.

Comment

h23 is the way to go. more torque. h22/h23/f22b1 all have the same amount of wiring. go with the h23

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                I don't really know if you mean H23A1 or H23A, or if you mean F22B1 or F22B, but I'd probably go with F22B, it has thicker sleeves if you're gonna turbo.
                Well, the H23 is the H23, unless you count the VTEC version (which this guy probably doesn't know exists). He SAYS F22B1, so I have a feeling he's referring to the F22B1.

Honestly, get what you want. If you need others to tell you what you should do in life, you might as well quit now! The info is here. The specs are here. Read up, and make up your own mind.

Comment

more wiring than a h22a? haah.. how bout the same??? which would u get??? what are ur plans??? thats what it boils down to..

f22b1= not the best platform but boosted it can be a beast
                  h23a= good motor... decent power in stock form.. do whats cheapest right now (like i told u on aim)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

DOHC has more cam tuning options... SOHC you can only advance or retard both intake and exhaust at the same time. DOHC can be done seperately.

Comment

or just swap the dohc head over later down the road...

tekekek..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                        or just swap the dohc head over later down the road...

tekekek..
                        I was about to post this... If you have the money and can find a h23 go with that... Personally I would go h22 but thats just me...
                        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                        registration is free

Comment

Working...
                        X