f22b lotsa questions (4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b lotsa questions (4)

hah..prolly gonna get flamed with search button rants..but ill carry the cross for all the newbs...but here goes....
    damn i was thinking of doing the h22 swap..but this seems so much more practical for turbo....got a few questions

1) h23 usdm...is that the same as f22b or are there small changes???

2) If h23 usdm and f22b Jdm are the same engine do they share the same tranny ratios?

3) does f22b have a speed governor with the ECU?<i like to exceed 115!>

4) who would win... f22b vs f22a6 from a dig..and from a 60 mph roll with equally skilled drivers and cars...i wanna see if the swap is worth it and if i would notice a difference... on a N/a setup..

thanks for any search button techinques you are gonna throw at me..
    any info will help out a lot.. i think i have found my new project...plz feel free to add any f22b facts you have to this ...thanks team cb7!!

*flame*

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
      *flame*
      fah Q

Comment

1. YES

2. i'm 99.43905729345723457% sure they do, but i could be wrong

3. never really tried hitting up the 100mph+ range when i had the f22b w/ the p39 ecu

4. my guess, f22b dohc over the f22a6
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          i would seem one is an h block while the other is an f block. one is a 2.2L, the other a 2.3L right? later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            i would seem one is an h block while the other is an f block. one is a 2.2L, the other a 2.3L right? later.
            right.

heads are the same,hp is the same, but the 2.3 has a bit more torque...

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
              hah..prolly gonna get flamed with search button rants..but ill carry the cross for all the newbs...but here goes....
              damn i was thinking of doing the h22 swap..but this seems so much more practical for turbo....got a few questions

2) If h23 usdm and f22b Jdm are the same engine do they share the same tranny ratios?

3) does f22b have a speed governor with the ECU?<i like to exceed 115!>

4) who would win... f22b vs f22a6 from a dig..and from a 60 mph roll with equally skilled drivers and cars...i wanna see if the swap is worth it and if i would notice a difference... on a N/a setup..

thanks for any search button techinques you are gonna throw at me..
              any info will help out a lot.. i think i have found my new project...plz feel free to add any f22b facts you have to this ...thanks team cb7!!
              1) Not the same. Whole different bottom end. Heads are very similair though.

2)No. Very close though. I believe the f22b tranny is a little longer then h23(or am I thinking of f20b tranny?)

3)Would imagine so. And if you get ahold of a p39, let me know where

4)f22b everytime anytime. I noticed the difference immediately. Revs a lot quicker too
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                right.

heads are the same,hp is the same, but the 2.3 has a bit more torque...

ILBB
                One of these days, i will do a side by side comparison. AFAIK, they are similar, but not the same. From what a really reliable source told me, even the cams are slightly different. However, the difference is not that dramatic.

Comment

1. and i can tell you this truthfully, yes and no - when it comes to vacuum lines and certain orientiaion of things, there ARE differences (i did my own swap, stay tuned for my upcoming novel) - but then there are also parts that will bolt up (maintenance and perormance) - like when i buy parts, i think .f22b bottom end, h23 top ... mostly. some of it is creativity. like my distributor.

2. what they said

3. I find P39's as a hobby. let me know if you need one

4. there's a definite low end difference with the extra cam. my swap to me was worth all the money ive put into it and will put into it

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

1. no not the same, bottom end is different. H23= close deck with h22 type sleeves, 87mm or 88mm bored i believe, yes the h23 has more torque than F22b(know from driving one). F22b= open deck with iron sleeves, 85mm bored, f22b is more rev happy than H23(power band doesn't die off as quick as the H23). but the head i think is the same because on the cast aluminum head they both have the PT2 printed code on them.

2. don't know?

3. i'm using a h23 stock ecu and the speed gov. kicks in at 135 MPH

4. F22b will rape a F22a6 any day with the same bolt ons
                    =my idea of classic JDM
                    to my car page

Comment

^^^ i mean parts on the head has the code pt2, head is somewhat different when you look at the coolant and water ports connecting to the block.
                      =my idea of classic JDM
                      to my car page

Comment

Working...
                      X