finally the $$ for the H22...but need clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally the $$ for the H22...but need clarification

Soo i finally have the money to buy my H22a and am going to buy it on monday, but recently i have been doing some reading and searching on here, and i need some clarification on some thiings. So.....

I tried looking for installation info on the Skunk2 intake manifold for the H22a but didnt find too much, i only saw pros and cons on the performance of it. Does the Skunk2 manifold use all the H22 manifolds sensors and vacuum lines? only reason i ask is cuz i got a deal pending for one @ $180.

Lastly....my concern is the whole emissions deal. I have a 92 CB7 lx 4 dr. I live in WA state but will be moving to San Diego, CA for 2 years in Feb of 2006. I hear that a JDM H22a is automatic failure? correct? what about in WA? i also hear in order to pass emissions the engine HAS to be out of the same year prelude? is this true? so i would need a 1992 JDM H22a, if i go the JDM route? correct? orrr in order to be safe everywhere i would need to bite it and go with the 190hp USDM H22a?

yes i searched and have read.....if anyone could just clarify these few issues....i posted in hear cuz im staying N/A and i know there are knowledgable people in this section!

thanks
    Sean
    Last edited by SMseagren83; 12-10-2005, 06:16 PM.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

You will pass emissions in washington for sure. They do a visual inspection in california and you will probably fail inspection.

Comment

Do a search on the swaps in the swap section of this site . How long have you been here bro so many people have done this on this site and even provided pictures . Hell we even posted up where and where not to buy the actual engines from and thensome.

Comment

yeah i read on where to buy and not buy the engine....i did a search man...searched "H22 swap" in "title only" and there was only 3 pages or so...and i read most of them...didnt see anyone with pics explaining ^^ those concerns^^ but then again ive been wrong before.... and ive been here long enough to know the "search" button is my friend....lol sorry to dissapoint. then again i was just looking for a quick answer and not hours of searching (spent a couple reading on the swap and harness wiring) so im kinda "searched" out! plus im gone later today and all day sunday and i wanted these things cleared up before monday when i would make the purchase!

sean
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
          You will pass emissions in washington for sure. They do a visual inspection in california and you will probably fail inspection.
          pass emissions with the USDM? i dont want the USDM 190hp....id rather have the JDM 200hp 10.6:1 CR since i already went to the warehouse and picked the motor out kinda!

Comment

look at all of the FAQ's at the top of the "swaps" page...pretty much everything will be covered there, then come back if you have more specific questions..

Comment

do a search again

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                do a search again
                back to you, lol! fine ill search AGAIN, but last stupid time im searching

Comment

I've heard that if you buy the car in Cali and live there you have to have California emissions but if you buy the car elsewhere then later move to Cali you do not have to have California emissions.

Comment

okie dokie, finally found what i needed about a couple of the things! i left the other 2 up, that need further clarification.... so in WA i can have the JDM H22a? since we just have the sniffer test? and since my car is registered in WA and move to Cali in 2006 i wont have emissions? i dont know about that...cuz im still required in WA to have emissions done on my car....

Comment

You can find a shady shop in just about any state that will pass you for a price. I'm taking my JDM H22 powered CB7 to such a shop sometime this month (as my sticker is about to expire...) I believe phatdoughnut has a JDM motor. He's in WA. Chances are, you'll pass up there.

In CA, unless that "non-CA car" thing is true, you'll definitely have an issue. Is there any way to keep your car registered in WA? If you're not registered in CA, they can't require you to pass their emissions and visual inspections.

Comment

interesting....well ill only be living in San Diego, CA for 2 years then prolly moving back up to WA soo my car will still be registered in WA when i move down to Cali... i just wanna make sure that if i buy this JDM H22a here in WA that i wont have any emission/legality issues in the state of WA...

Comment

You know, I can't tell you because I don't live in WA but in TN they have the sniffer for cars '95 and older. If you have one of these cars, they just run a mirror under the car to check for a catalytic converter, plug the sniffer up to the exhaust, and check your gas cap for proper seal. They never even pop the hood.

You might want to observe the actions these guys do in your state.

Comment

screw it! ill just get it and do the damn thang! yeah i can always register my car in pullman WA if it doesnt pass the sniffer test since thats all they test for apparently...no under hood inspection! and is a JDM H22a with carb leagal intake/headers/exhaust/full MSD ignition/skunk2 intake(dont think thats carb legal) manifold thats all tuned up really gonna fail a sniffer test?? lol! so yeah gonna go ahead and pay for her on monday! thanks for the suggestive help.

Sean

Comment

Some sniffers will pass a JDM H22, I've heard. Never heard of it happening in NJ, but who knows about elsewhere! I'm not sure exactly what causes it to fail, but I've heard it was the higher compression. Could be wrong (could be that it's made to run with higher octane fuel...) but that could be it. Check around for a shop that would push you through, just in case. Thay have to exist somewhere... ask around!

Comment

Working...
                              X