Tranny Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny Swap

Ok i have a 92 accord ex with an auto tranny and i kno the tranny's in the 92 accords are geared for economy, but what tranny swap can i do that is geared for performance instead of going manual?

Originally posted by GHost
    Ok i have a 92 accord ex with an auto tranny and i kno the tranny's in the 92 accords are geared for economy, but what tranny swap can i do that is geared for performance instead of going manual?
    you know, i actually thought about going ahead and getting an H22 tranny...after all, the final drive ratio is the same, so all you would get is better acceleration...you wouldnt lose any gas mileage...and then, once you had the H22 tranny, you could just buy the H22 longblock from hmotorsonline.com
    i kinda like that idea..

Comment

or u could do the h23 tranny which i think has even shorter gears

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        the h23 is in the middle of the f22 and h22 . . . its like a happy medium
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          i would, but that guy above me made a good point...and the H22 tranny is specially designed for the H22 motor...and i would eventually be getting an H22 anyways..i just thought about going ahead and getting the tranny to reap the benefits of it now...after all....why not? you gotta get one eventually anyways...(don't have to, but i do...)

Comment

so how much better acceleration would you get by using a H22 or H23 tranny? is the h22/23 tranny stronger? and is it just absolutely bolt on or is there wiring differences?

Comment

Working...
            X