Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to forums...have 92 EX and questions..i searched!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to forums...have 92 EX and questions..i searched!!

Hi guys

Well I have a 92 EX with an Automatic. I've been reading through lots of threads here and still have some questions because of some of the contradicting things I have read.

1. I have a F22 motor...is it a F22A4 or A6. I read another thread where a guy said he had a 92 EX but had a A1 motor...but I thought the 92 EX's had the A6.

2. The H23 head swap raises or lowers compression?

3. What is the stock A6 compression...or the different motors...A1, 4, and 6

4. Anyone have a level ten auto? opinions about it. is it really that durable? bulletproof?

5. There's so many different computers. what is the stock one, and if I would do a swap of a h23 head...which computer...i read a P06 with a uber chip, but it doesn't have a knock sensor or something. Does my car come with a stock knock sensor? Can I just use the stock computer chipped or do I have to switch. Also I read that hondata isn't useable with the auto trannies. why...the tcu is seperate from the engine and running a hondata shouldn't change anything with that. If I use a hondata...does it work with the stock computer? Or again...do I have to change the ECU.

6. Main reason I wanna use a hondata. I want to have the bottom end rebuilt with forged pistons and rods with 9:1. Also the reason for the question about the h23 head and if it raises or lowers compression.

7. what's the fastest auto tranny car and faster FI'd auto car.

8. Is it possible to get 300+hp on a built F22Ax bottom end with a H23 head on stock cams...or upgraded.

thanks for readin and i hope to be a helpful part on this board in the future.

ill answer question 8 because i have a positive answer...YES!...many tuners here whether using forced induction or doing the N/A route...are hitting 200 hp and up...i kno you can get 300 hp out of that f22 beast

Comment

Originally posted by 85gts
      Hi guys

Well I have a 92 EX with an Automatic. I've been reading through lots of threads here and still have some questions because of some of the contradicting things I have read.

1. I have a F22 motor...is it a F22A4 or A6. I read another thread where a guy said he had a 92 EX but had a A1 motor...but I thought the 92 EX's had the A6.

2. The H23 head swap raises or lowers compression?

3. What is the stock A6 compression...or the different motors...A1, 4, and 6

4. Anyone have a level ten auto? opinions about it. is it really that durable? bulletproof?

5. There's so many different computers. what is the stock one, and if I would do a swap of a h23 head...which computer...i read a P06 with a uber chip, but it doesn't have a knock sensor or something. Does my car come with a stock knock sensor? Can I just use the stock computer chipped or do I have to switch. Also I read that hondata isn't useable with the auto trannies. why...the tcu is seperate from the engine and running a hondata shouldn't change anything with that. If I use a hondata...does it work with the stock computer? Or again...do I have to change the ECU.

6. Main reason I wanna use a hondata. I want to have the bottom end rebuilt with forged pistons and rods with 9:1. Also the reason for the question about the h23 head and if it raises or lowers compression.

7. what's the fastest auto tranny car and faster FI'd auto car.

8. Is it possible to get 300+hp on a built F22Ax bottom end with a H23 head on stock cams...or upgraded.

thanks for readin and i hope to be a helpful part on this board in the future.
      1.you have the f22a6, its stamped on your block.

2.Not positive-i think it raises it.

3.The compression are the same in all motors, somwhere in th emid 9's i believe.

4.ha?

5.There are a bunch of ecu's you can use.p06(what i'm running).Will bolt up no probs.p39-will bolt up no probs.p14-will bolt up but you have to wire a knock sensor.Your car doesnt have one.Hondata is a piggy back,it doesnt get chipped in your ecu.

6.doesnt matter if the h23 raises or lowers compression.If you get forged pistons you choose your compression.

7.we dont care about auto cars in this forum.

8.yes,you can make a 3 cyl. geo metro produce that much power w/ some -$$$-

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

well i knew the hondata was a piggy back, but my question about that was why wouldn't it work with an auto when it has nothing to do with controlling anything that the auto does. only the engine.

and in case you didn't know what i was asking about the level ten auto. a company called level ten builds and sells bulletproof kits for our auto trannies. I saw someone somewhere on here mention it before and i was wondering if anyone actually has it installed. i like the idea of having an auto/turbo car. I wanna feel what it's like to just constantly pull with no shifting. but our auto's aren't known to take a lot. i know of four other accords in my area alone that all have bad auto's. and that's with stock engines. so i want to build mine with the level ten kit. www.levelten.com i don't want crazy hp and i don't want vtec because everyone here has that. i want to build a motor that will pretty much last the rest of the cars life and the auto to back it up. what's the good of having a 300+hp engine with a tranny that constantly breaks?

thanks for your help.

Comment

Level Ten is good stuff from their reputation, but I don't know of anyone on here that has gone through with a Level Ten upgrade. Most people who want performance out of their autos just swap to manual Not saying that auto isn't good, but the Honda auto transmissions really can't take that much of a beating.

In Canada, the EX is the same as the US LX... so they have the F22A1. The Canadian EX-R is the equivalent to the US EX, so they have the A6 (in 92-93). That could be what was confusing. Always check to see where someone is from

There's a guy on here (I keep forgetting his name...) that has a built F22 with the F22 head. Turbo, of course. Last time I saw him at the track, he ran a 12.5 and wasn't happy with it. I'm sure he's making at least 300.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Level Ten is good stuff from their reputation, but I don't know of anyone on here that has gone through with a Level Ten upgrade. Most people who want performance out of their autos just swap to manual Not saying that auto isn't good, but the Honda auto transmissions really can't take that much of a beating.

In Canada, the EX is the same as the US LX... so they have the F22A1. The Canadian EX-R is the equivalent to the US EX, so they have the A6 (in 92-93). That could be what was confusing. Always check to see where someone is from

There's a guy on here (I keep forgetting his name...) that has a built F22 with the F22 head. Turbo, of course. Last time I saw him at the track, he ran a 12.5 and wasn't happy with it. I'm sure he's making at least 300.
            I know who youy are talking about, he built the sohc and was repping it hard, but i havent seen him here for AWHILE.

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

i know these trannies aren't tough...thus i want the level ten upgrade...lol it should be able to handle after the build. plus i wanna put the higher stall convertor. i seen 3k stalls, but if i could i would rather put a lower stall like 2500 instead.

Comment

way i see it unless u are a die hard auto tranny person the manual swap would be ALOT less money. I dont like auto turbo cars, for the reason when they spool you have no control of them, with a manual you can control more. My friend put his auto supra thro a poll because it boosted he wasnt ready and there wasnt much he could do about it. But thats just my 2 cents

Comment

i'm not a die hard auto fan. driven manuals for years and if i build an actual race car only...there wouldn't be an option. i don't see how the boost would be uncontrolable. and switching to a manual isn't a whole lot cheaper. would probably cost me about 4-500 bucks for the parts. the amount i would pay apporximately for the level ten kit. and another 300 on a good clutch. it would be about 500 dollars less than if i built the auto all together installed with the tq convertor. i like the convenience of having the auto right now as a daily driver. plus...total sleeper. everyone would walk up to my car and see auto and wouldn't think twice as to what's under the hood. plus lowered and rolling on 18" chromies. they won't know the 300+hp is under the hood waiting to smack them around...lol.

honestly though...it won't be fast first. it'll be "rice" first. i'm not gonna put a body kit on it...not even a spoiler. I'm gonna spend the money to have it repainted the stock color and lowered about 1-1.5" no more than that with 18's. I want basically a nice clean look. The only reason I would put an exhaust and intake on it is to get better gas mileage. at the very least...i will build the tranny. even if i don't have the money to build the motor to what i want to do. if my motor goes i'll always have the tranny. easier to find a used working engine then a good second hand auto.

Comment

I've been intrigued by these Level 10 guys myself. My CB is my daily driver and I just don't see me giving up my Auto tranny anytime soon. If you get it done, or hear from anyone who has, I'd be *very* interested to hear the word.

Good luck with your ride
                    "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

3) 8.8:1
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by 85gts
                        i'm not a die hard auto fan. driven manuals for years and if i build an actual race car only...there wouldn't be an option. i don't see how the boost would be uncontrolable. and switching to a manual isn't a whole lot cheaper. would probably cost me about 4-500 bucks for the parts. the amount i would pay apporximately for the level ten kit. and another 300 on a good clutch. it would be about 500 dollars less than if i built the auto all together installed with the tq convertor. i like the convenience of having the auto right now as a daily driver. plus...total sleeper. everyone would walk up to my car and see auto and wouldn't think twice as to what's under the hood. plus lowered and rolling on 18" chromies. they won't know the 300+hp is under the hood waiting to smack them around...lol.

honestly though...it won't be fast first. it'll be "rice" first. i'm not gonna put a body kit on it...not even a spoiler. I'm gonna spend the money to have it repainted the stock color and lowered about 1-1.5" no more than that with 18's. I want basically a nice clean look. The only reason I would put an exhaust and intake on it is to get better gas mileage. at the very least...i will build the tranny. even if i don't have the money to build the motor to what i want to do. if my motor goes i'll always have the tranny. easier to find a used working engine then a good second hand auto.
                        All very good points. I'd like to hear firsthand what Level Ten can do for a CB7! I always hear the name thrown around, but I never knew anyone who went with them. I believe they're from NJ as well... I should get in contact (I wonder if they can do anything for 5 speed... lol)

Comment

well..i'm sure the tranny can still break. but it will hold up A LOT better than the stock one. like i said...even if i don't have the money in the end to build the motor. i will have the tranny built. i may just buy the kit and have a local tranny guy rebuild it. I also wanna get the stall convertor.

i know i could put a manual in there and it would be stronger, but that goes against what i want out of this car. the car is a cruiser first and foremost, but i want to add a little more power. and if i go turbo and build the bottom end...i may be asking for more than a little power, but i might as well use what i have and get the power i can get. but it's not THE most important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                            way i see it unless u are a die hard auto tranny person the manual swap would be ALOT less money. I dont like auto turbo cars, for the reason when they spool you have no control of them, with a manual you can control more. My friend put his auto supra thro a poll because it boosted he wasnt ready and there wasnt much he could do about it. But thats just my 2 cents
                            Agreed. Manual offers you alot more control, that when driving a fast car, I belive is nessisary.

To answer some of your questions.

The stock ECU that came on both my 91 and 92 EX's was a PT3. The compression is all the same. 8.8:1

Yes, 300+ whp is possible, but of course, with a LOT of $$$

Hope that helps.
                            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

c'mon guys...drop the manual thing...it ain't gonna happen...lol
                              it really wasn't one of my questions anyways. I KNOW that the manual is the tranny of choice. I was just wondering if anyone heard or had experience with Level Ten. Can a H22 handle 300+hp on a stock bottom end? I know B16's can. plus i have heard that H22 trannies are weak as well...so what would be a good tranny. this is just a want to know question being as i do not want to go Vtec at all. Not that I have anything against it. Just wanna be slightly different then ALL the motor swapped cars in my area.

Comment

Working...
                              X