B series motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B series motor

I'm wondering why there are no b series motors in are cars. Is there a particular reason why its not done, or is it jus something we dont do?

Because not only would it be a super custom job the engines have no torque. They could never move out heavy cars the way the stock F22 can.

If you had a 3rd gen it would be a much different story but not for the 4th gen.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

OKay a friend ask me why we dont put them in our cars and i told him they dont have enough torque and he was yea but they have alot more "potential"

Comment

potential is relative, any f-series motor has potential. Take the f22b for instance. Its very comparable to a B16 it just has more displacement. Any motor has enormous potential in the right hands. Even if u swapped a bad ass b18c5 motor in ur cb7...getting it to move off the line would take a long ass time.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

tell your friend that if u wanted to mess with b-series engines u would have gotten an integra, civic, crx, and etc. Our cars are for big motors with low end torque not small ones that can make high horsepower
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Main reason is that you are going to a smaller displacement with a B-series motor. Sort of like swapping a V-6 for a 4 cylinder engine.

Comment

Working...
            X