manual or automatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual or automatic?

ok, i've made it final that i am going to get another cb7 for my 2nd car. i currently have one, im just not too happy with my four door. i want the same thing, just in a two door, manual form. here's my question:

if my 2nd cb7 is an automatic, should a manual H22 fit right in with no fabrication/modifications? or do i have to look for a manual cb7?

any suggustions/comments would be greatly apperciated!

getting a m/t coupe would be easier, but theres no problem with doing a tranny swap either... as long as you can find a reputable shop. my car was originally an auto and everything worked out perfectly.

is your car manual right now? you should just do the swap in that one. h22 in a 4dr just adds to the sleeper effect.

Comment

no, my 4dr is an automatic - i'm missing out on a lot of the fun positive side of a 5spd lol. i totally love the 4dr sleeper effect, but i just have to get rid of my car. i want to start fresh with a good conditioned cb7. there's soo many things i wanna do to it. i want to find one one that's certified from a dealership so that i wont have to worry about exterior/interior cleanliness

Comment

hey there

i have a 2dr 5spd cb7. i really like it any my friend who drives a 4door auto envys my car alot. if u get a 2dr 5spd you will not only be happy with how your car looks, but your 5spd transmission will keep u busy and now you will enjoy the fine world of downshifting!

good luck
        growguy
        1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

There should be plenty of 5 speed coupes out there... However, the tranny swap shouldn't be too hard, especially if you plan to do the engine swap at the same time. It will be a bit more work (and more money if you don't do it yourself).

The coupes are cool, but I still prefer my 4 door... Easier to get stuff, and people, in and out. It also weighs less (by a little) and you can get custom tails for it (that aren't altezzas).

Still, good luck!

Comment

i need a new cb7 dammit i want one standard..

Comment

5SPD COUPE!!! YEA!

S A N D I E G O

Comment

I have a 91 5-speed coupe and my brother has a 91 4-door auto and he is envious. alot of it is the 5-speed though. they just feel faster and they are cheaper and easier to swap with an h22
                JDM H22a
                P2T4 tranny
                I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                custom short throw shifter
                Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

hmm im thinkin of doin a AT to MT swap, but dun know if i should. how much do u guys think it'll cost me? i've spent to much cash on this cb7 to sell it right away and get a manual. which my next car will be.

Comment

will you be doing an engine swap as well? if not now, if youre ever going to get a swap, wait until then. its alot easier and cheaper on labor.

Comment

4dr. 5 spd. ex and proud of it.
                      There should be plenty of 5 speed coupes out there... However, the tranny swap shouldn't be too hard, especially if you plan to do the engine swap at the same time. It will be a bit more work (and more money if you don't do it yourself).
                      i was under the impression that the 2dr.'s weighed less?
                      92 lx
                      automatic
                      slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Mine is an automatic and I am keeping it that way with the H22A. I like 5 speeds but I like having an automatic and having a turbo on it, I don't think I'll have to worry about having to down shift to pull away!
                        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

well i just have more fun wit MT wen drivin, even tho u can do other things while drivin a AT car...i would like to get a nice F22b/h23 swap then turbo it. but would be betta to have MT to go wit that.

Comment

5 speeds are the best,there fun and there cheaper to fix.

Comment

i have an auto and i hate it. i was going to do an auto to manual conversion but then i ran into some problems with my car and it won't start. once i get that taken care of i'm gonna do my tranny swap. i can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X