No announcement yet.

Which swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have sworn that there is an H23 VTEC, and not the hybrid H22/H23. Maybe I misread something.

Comment

Oh yeah.. I forgot abuot that. You're right. They came in the wagons, I believe. I'm not sure if they were US, or only Japanese and/or European...

I don't know where you'd find one, or how much it would be... They certainly aren't common engines! Of course, it would make for a pretty interesting swap!

Comment

I'm jus kind of wanting to go away from the norm. I would love to do that swap though, cause thats 200hp and then the compression is low so it would be good for boost.

Comment

Is the H23 VTEC 200 hp with lower compression? It really has been a while since I thought about that engine! I thought it was still lacking in the hp department, compared to the H22.

Comment

i dont know how accurate my info is, but ive heard a little here and there about the h32vtec. and from what ive read, it has the same comp as the h22, 10.6:1, which isnt low. and its supposedly opendeck, which is never a good thing when it comes to high pressure such as boost.

Comment

Well according to the information we have available on the site the real only difference with the JDM H23A (Vtec) is that it builds torque lower in the power band. Probably why Honda decided to use it only in the Wagons.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Torque lower in the powerband sounds like something I wouldnt mind having.

Comment

Originally posted by SiNcKe
                  Torque lower in the powerband sounds like something I wouldnt mind having.
                  JDM H23A = 161 ft. lbs. @ 5300rpm
                  JDM H22A = 161 ft. lbs. @ 5500rpm

Not much of a difference if you ask me and since the JDM H23A only comes auto (from Honda) my choice is still the H22A.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

hmmm, i didnt kno it only came in auto, well there goes that idea out the window. I guess i'll leave it down between the h22 and the f20b, can the f20c fit in are cars? now that would be a nice swap.

Comment

Well i did a little reading and although its not impossible to drop it in there, its not something that is all the way possible either, it would take a lot of money to do somethin like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X