Which swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which swap?

OKay i've been thinking about doing a swap and at first I wanted the h22, but i've been doin some reading and whatnot and I think I might want to get the F20b, So what does everybody think about the two engines. I heard the f20b is better for boost, is that true? thanks for any input.

h22a,but f20 if ya want to be different,but your sfe with the h22a.

Comment

what makes the h22 so much safer?

Comment

what i ment was with the h22 you can be secure that its a great motor,of course you wont be safe hitting vtec going a buck 20.

Comment

I know a few places I can get a reliable F20b

Comment

Good luck on that one those motors from what i hear are rare. I think i asked steve from hmotors online for 1. He was like i dont have one soo is that the one where it has a blue valve cover with the h22 cover like head on it if it is then good luck. Its a nice motor dont get me wrong butid just get a base h22.

Comment

im gonna put another notch up for the h22. are you interested in boosting?

and theyre more expensive from what ive seen, and i for one, dont care enough to pay more just to be different. i could be remembering incorrectly, but i believe the f20 is basically a destroked h22... same hp but less tq. and of course, think about the aftermarket. personally i dont know of any parts you can easily get for a f20(since its jdm only)... unless parts are interchangable, i dont know.

Comment

It is indeed destroked to 2.0 litres i think with less torque but they have a higher rev range. But remember this they are rare too they also have a higher compression thats a plus i think they are more expensive than the base prelude, on top of that its obd2 most of the prelude parts are interchangeable but i dont see the sense of payin more when i can get more fromt he base jdm prelude. I rather get that and work from there .

Comment

oh thats right... forgot about that. fuck obd2!!!!!!!

Comment

One mistake or something you did to the car obd2 will tell on you.

Comment

H22. Or, if you want boost, either plan on spending lots of money on the H22, or boosting your F22. Boost done right is never cheap, but the F22 would be cheaper. There's no point in getting an F20B unless you want to be different, or you can get a really good deal. It's a good engine, of course, but for the reasons listed above, it probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Comment

Comment

The H22A for our cars is the better choice. Remember the only reason the F20B even exsists is because Honda needed a production 2.0 liter HO engine in order to use the engine to compete in the BTCC. It's really not a good engine to push our heavy Accords.

Would do nicely in EG's and EK's, Even DA's.
                          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Well I've been thinking about it cause most people dont have it and it would be different, but i'm not sure yet. I was looking at the H23 VTEC, Its a little more than the H22 but seems to be alot better for boosting and whatnot

Comment

The H22/H23 hybrid is good in it's own way, but not very reliable (or so I hear... I've heard mixed reviews of that). The H22 is obviously more reliable. I won't harp on that too much more, since information on the pros and cons of the H22 is everywhere on this site.
                              The straight H23 is possibly a better candidate for boost, but it's non-VTEC, has 20% less power than the H22 in stock form, and (like any Honda engine) would still need a bit of reinforcement to run any significant boost pressure. If you're interested in boost, and you don't care about VTEC or high boost pressure, then stick with your F22 and boost that.

Here I go on the H22 again... Sorry! If you're patient, willing to spend some money, and want the most powerful, reliable setup you can get, I say go with the H22 for sure. Do the swap and enjoy it. Start saving for everything you'll need for a good turbo setup, as well as an engine buildup. I'm expecting to pay about $9000 for my entire setup, and I hope to put at least 350 to the wheels (with the help of another $4000 or so in suspension, wheel, tire, and drivetrain upgrades...). A boosted H22 is certainly a long-term project, but well worth it in my mind! And not too bad out of th ebox either (since that's all I can afford to have at the moment).

Comment

Working...
                              X