WhichH22package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WhichH22package?

I am looking at the H22 packages at hmotorsoline right now and was wondering do i need the complete changeover package or jus the motor ecu tranny one? I got a 92 LX.

It depends, the main diff betw. the 2 packages is axles, shifter cables & assemblies, and stock motor mounts. You can use the accord axles, so you dont really need that, unless yours are bad. The shifter cables & assemblies would be good if you have an auto now and are wanting to convert to manual, and stock motor mounts if yours are bad. So, if those things apply, then get the complete changeover, otherwise you'll be good with the 1950 package.

I was about to buy my engine from hmotors, but I know this guy in VA named ben that I'm getting my engine from. Mine's an auto, but its gonna be 1520 shipped, and if u wanted manual it'd be right at 2000 shipped. I already have heard many great reviews about his service and his engines. So when I get mine in 2 weeks, I can let you know how it went down if you're interested. Hope all goes well for you whatever you decide to do

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

Thanx man, mine is a auto too, I jus got a new shifter cable for it and i might be keepin it that way too save some money and do the 5 speed coversion later. And that guy ur talkin about in va, sounds really good i live in springfield,VA and where is this guy? does he have a shop ?keep me updated cuz im goin for the motor in 2 months Thanx

Comment

assuming youre already m/t, just get the motor and you should have all the other basics. as far as motor mounts, you should upgrade them... or convert them to solid like i had done.

then again, for a couple hundred you get it all... can never be too safe. but its all up to you, if you got the money... just go for it.

Comment

1. i have heard it is not good to use the prelude axles as they cause the control arms to rub against something during daily cornering.
          2. also make sure to change all the seals, anything else that is rubber, and the timing and drive belts.
          i could be wrong on the first part, but the second is definetely something to invest in before putting the motor in and then finding out it needs to be done, or worse the motor gets blown.

Comment

Thats why you inspect it before you throw it in there and if anything goes wrong be sure to give whoever you brought the motor from a holler.

Comment

Working...
            X