What do I need for a f20b swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need for a f20b swap

I want to swap my f20a for a f20b dohc, but I'm wondering if I need axles, tranny, or if I could use my f20a axles and tranny on the f20b, people tell me that my axles wont handle the power neither my tranny, Opinions ?,

Other people tell me there is no such thing of a f20b, but I look it up on ebay and I find it there, so you could say I pretty much stumped, And one more thing my car is an Automatic,

why do you have an f20a?stock acord came with f22a's.did you already swap an engine before or did you buy it swapped?Is there even such thing as f20a?

ILBB

EDIT:ur sig is WAY to big
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
      why do you have an f20a?stock acord came with f22a's.did you already swap an engine before or did you buy it swapped?Is there even such thing as f20a?

ILBB

EDIT:ur sig is WAY to big
      ^^^This makes no sense. F20A isn't a stock USDM motor, it's the 2.0Si JDM motor, it may also be in othe CB's....And YES, it does exist, actually both exist. You'd think by having the knowledge to pull your engine (sig) you'd know at least that much...

As far as the F20B is concerned, I think the F20A is similar to the F22A, while the F20B is more similar to the H22. However, seeing how the F/H trannies will swap, I'd say that you could in fact use your tranny. IMHO, for the money spent, I'd just go H22. I looks IDENTICAL to the F20B, and makes more torque, but with a little less HP on the USDM versions. The F20B is the 6th Gen SiR-T/SiR motor and is basically a destroked H22 making 210 HP, where as USDM H22 makes 200, and Type S H22 makes 220. Unless you just wanna be different, everyone will probably agree with an H22 > F20B. Don't forget F20B is OBDII ONLY, H22 is salvageable as OBDI...

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY
        ^^^This makes no sense. F20A isn't a stock USDM motor, it's the 2.0Si JDM motor, it may also be in othe CB's....And YES, it does exist, actually both exist. You'd think by having the knowledge to pull your engine (sig) you'd know at least that much...

As far as the F20B is concerned, I think the F20A is similar to the F22A, while the F20B is more similar to the H22. However, seeing how the F/H trannies will swap, I'd say that you could in fact use your tranny. IMHO, for the money spent, I'd just go H22. I looks IDENTICAL to the F20B, and makes more torque, but with a little less HP on the USDM versions. The F20B is the 6th Gen SiR-T/SiR motor and is basically a destroked H22 making 210 HP, where as USDM H22 makes 200, and Type S H22 makes 220. Unless you just wanna be different, everyone will probably agree with an H22 > F20B. Don't forget F20B is OBDII ONLY, H22 is salvageable as OBDI...
        He said he has an f20a and wants to swap it out and put an f20b.I asked him why he has that motor if its a usdm car,cuz i know nothing about it(actually i do but it didnt come in mind,its the sohc).What does me having the knowledge to pull my engine have to do about me knowing what engine he has?This is probably the most ignorant comment i've heard in a while.

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
          He said he has an f20a and wants to swap it out and put an f20b.I asked him why he has that motor if its a usdm car,cuz i know nothing about it(actually i do but it didnt come in mind,its the sohc).What does me having the knowledge to pull my engine have to do about me knowing what engine he has?This is probably the most ignorant comment i've heard in a while.

ILBB
          I didn't say you knew what engine he had, I said that if you had the knowledge to pull your engine then you either read a manual or swap guide the first time and if you have been around the CB7 community for any extent of time you'd know that the F20A DOHC/SOHC and the F20B, and also the F20C do in fact exist, and all except the F20C can be readily swapped into our chassis.
          Here you go...
          F20A DOHC

F20A SOHC

F20B DOCH VTEC (SiR-T motor)

Comment

Working...
          X