h23a1 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23a1 swap

hey all, ive been considering swapping for a while, and i found a motor half local to me(about 2 hrs or less away) and i threw a down payment on it, and im going to pick it up next weekend or the weekend after, its a h23a1 and comes with everything.

i have a few questions and ive ready over most threads on it and searched already.

do i use the accord or prelude wiring harness? and what changes do i make to the accord harness if i use that?

and for axles i need to use the accord ones correct?

and motor mounts i use all accord mounts? and the tranny bolts directly up? no modifying at all.

and for ps pump i use accord bracket/pump? and alternator i use the accord or prelude?

thanks very much! i cant wait to get this swap in my car!
    2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Originally posted by c11x
    do i use the accord or prelude wiring harness? and what changes do i make to the accord harness if i use that?

and for axles i need to use the accord ones correct?

and motor mounts i use all accord mounts? and the tranny bolts directly up? no modifying at all.

and for ps pump i use accord bracket/pump? and alternator i use the accord or prelude?

thanks very much! i cant wait to get this swap in my car!
    accord wiring harness, no changes to it.
    accord axles.
    accord motor mounts, all.
    tranny bolts, depends on the transmission. if you use the prelude tranny, you will have to relocate two studs. it should be covered in the Swap FAQ Thread.
    p/s, accord or prelude.
    alternator, accord or prelude.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
      accord wiring harness, no changes to it.
      you will have to run one wire to the ecu for the knock sensor. and you might have to extend the o2 sensor wiring. (if you have a ex you dont have to cuz teh o2 sensor is on the bottom, and if you have a dx or lx you will have to, if you use the h23 header)
      also you will have to swap ur fuel rail with the h23, use the h23 injectors,and some vacuum hoses

Comment

i have a dc header for my f22a, that will bolt up to the h23a head right? and i extended the o2 wire when i installed the header

Comment

Originally posted by c11x
          i have a dc header for my f22a, that will bolt up to the h23a head right? and i extended the o2 wire when i installed the header
          yes it wil,l like you said about the wiring

Comment

will a f22a distributor work for it? also is the h23 and f22a throttlebody the same bore or is the h23 bigger? thanks, going to pick up my motor in about 2 hours cant wait!

Comment

nope

From what I have just read in the h23/f22 thread, you will need to use the H23 dizzy.

Evolution

Comment

nope

From what I have just read in the h23/f22 thread, you will need to use the H23 dizzy.

-F22B DOHC Head (obviously)
                -F22A6 IM or H23 IM (H23 has larger upper plenum, so you would be better to go with that. I am uitlizing the F22A6 IM with mild port and polish. It is doing quite well. I am trying to get my hands on an H23 upper plenum to drop on.)
                -F22AX Head Gasket
                -H23 Lower Timing Gear with Backing Plate (purchase from Honda for $30.00)
                -H23 or 1995 Acura Integra GSR Timing Belt (I'm using the GSR belt. Works
                great!!)
                -H23 Head Bolts
                -H23/or H22 Distributor
                -H23 Spark Plug Wires
                -H23/F22B ECU (You CAN run it with the F22AX ECU, but I reccomend going with the H23/F22B ECU)

Copy and pasted from the F22b/f22x thread.

Evolution

Comment

thank you very much!

just talked to the guy im getting everything but the ac compressor with the motor, full harness mounts ractive header everything all for 700$ cant wait ill take lots of pics

Comment

Becareful about that ractive header, from the looks of it...it's not really quality. Just a word of caution, thats all. Good luck with your H23 head swap, I'll be considering it very very soon.

Evolution

Comment

not doing the head swap, swapping the whole motor, and im gonna use the dc header from my f22a on the h23a.. just got back from getting it and its quite clean inside, ill have pics up tomorow hopefully. and should be getting swapped within 2-3 weeks hopefully

Comment

Working...
                      X