Annoying lil "S" light after swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying lil "S" light after swap..

I swapped an H22 into my 91 accord and switched it from auto to manual. Did the whole thing myself and it runs great but that little green light that has a S in it, right under the temp gauge, from the sports mode on the auto tranny is constantly blinking. Has anyone had this problem? what do i do to get rid of the blinking light, remove some wire, take out the bulb, put a piece of tape over it, lol, i dunno. Thanks for any help

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
    - RJ de Vera

I would take out the bulb because thats wire related. Then id run a led light attached to some wire and ake a vtec light just for shits and giggles you dont really need the s- light thats what my boy did to this day no problems whatsoever

Comment

new cluster mang... mine does that too.. so i put a 5 speed cluster in it

SOLD!

Comment

I don't belive you need a new cluster. I kept my auto cluster, no problem. except when i crossed the PARK wires so the car would let me take my keys out...the P in the AUTO section between temp/gas gauge stayed red...but that was it.

Did you remove the AT Control box under the DRIVERSIDE console? It's just above your pedels. You have to get upside down to see it. It's a small box, just simply unplug it. That should solve your problem...

Also, did you remove the AT control unit that was to the right of the ECU under the passanger floorboard?

Btw, I love sparkel's idea =)
        2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
        JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
        My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
          I don't belive you need a new cluster. I kept my auto cluster, no problem. except when i crossed the PARK wires so the car would let me take my keys out...the P in the AUTO section between temp/gas gauge stayed red...but that was it.

Did you remove the AT Control box under the DRIVERSIDE console? It's just above your pedels. You have to get upside down to see it. It's a small box, just simply unplug it. That should solve your problem...

Also, did you remove the AT control unit that was to the right of the ECU under the passanger floorboard?

Btw, I love sparkel's idea =)
          Thanks for all the help, I did remove the AT control box under the driverside console but i didnt even know there was a at control unit by the ecu. Ill have to take care of that. And i definately love sparkel's idea, perhaps a little wiring job is in order . Thanks again guys.

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
          - RJ de Vera

Comment

Working...
          X