Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 vs f22b turbo

*EDIT*

Im pretty sure Im going with the turbo'd f22b option. Question is: Do I need a tranny swap? I've already got a 5sp tranny in my f22a6, I wouldnt think that I need to get the tranny as part of the swap but never know till you ask. I dont think I'd need all new tranny just going up the stock 20hp and I plan on upgrading the clutch and flywheel and all that jazz a bit later anyway.

I've been looking thru cb7 and ht for about an hour now and cant find something on the topic. Plz be gentle

Before anyone calls me a newb, I already know that damn near EVERYTHING can be answered with the search button. Im just looking for an opinion on what some of the more experienced people think.

I am currently researching and trying to weigh options for a swap for my coupe. When I bought the car I was just going to throw a turbo on it and call it a day. The engine has 168,xxx miles on it now and I have decided I dont wanna put a turbo on that engine with that many miles on it. I have been looking at doing the h22 swap for about 2 months now but just recently started thinking of swapping in a f22b and turboing it. After looking around it seems like the cost would be pretty much the same. I figured im looking at about 2,000 to 2,250 for the h22 engine or around 800 to 900 for the f22b and another 1000 to 1300 for the turbo on it. The f22b turbo should put out a bit more hp, Im thinking somewhere in the 230ish range while the h22 should put down around 180ish? Ofcourse those are just guesses.

What are some of the other pros vs cons of the two options?
    Last edited by Conspiracy; 09-27-2005, 05:34 PM.

well first what do you want to do with it autox or drag or just daily if autox go h22. also are you just swaping then turboing and calling it a day or swapping h and call it done because if so go with the f22b turbo thats what im doing but will further build it but if you want it really fast go with the h because you have a better platform so if you were to eventually turbo that then your talking good numbers
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

I dont really plan on racing the car regularly just using it as a daily driver and occasionally taking it to the track...I dont really plan on dropping 10k into the car just want something thats quick and handles well. Im not really committed to burning a bunch of money on the car. I've got a few houses that I need to work on that would come first.

Comment

cmon someone else has to have an opinion...

Comment

coming from an h22 owner, I think a turbo f22b would make more power and would be more fun.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

what makes you think 168,000 miles is a lot?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Takes alot more knowledge to maintain a turbo motor than a stockish h22. No problems will be problems if you know how to prevent or solve them. With that said its really ALL up to you. If there were one set way to do things we'd all have the same engine. You have to decide your goals, how far u wanna take the car. If your this indecisive, then hold onto your money for now. It'll probably come down to a cheap h22 coming your way or a cheap deal on the start of a turbo setup. Hell...i was 2 weeks late from purchasing the beginnings of an all-motor high comp f22b1.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                what makes you think 168,000 miles is a lot?
                I know its more than the 35-40k miles they SAY is on the swap. I dont wanna push a higher milage engine too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  Takes alot more knowledge to maintain a turbo motor than a stockish h22. No problems will be problems if you know how to prevent or solve them. With that said its really ALL up to you. If there were one set way to do things we'd all have the same engine. You have to decide your goals, how far u wanna take the car. If your this indecisive, then hold onto your money for now. It'll probably come down to a cheap h22 coming your way or a cheap deal on the start of a turbo setup. Hell...i was 2 weeks late from purchasing the beginnings of an all-motor high comp f22b1.
                  Im pretty much a newb on motor issues but Im ready to learn. There was a fully pnp h22 motor on ebay last week that I was gonna jump on but figured it was too good to be true fully pnp motor,intake and exhause mani, only 500bucks dunno. Im not looking for full out world record speeds or anything here...I dont even street race just like to gun it every once and while. I've ridden in a boosted dsm but nevr a honda...i like the idea of having vtec but dunno if its gonna be that big of a difference. Im not gonna rush out and buy the first thing I see but would like to have an idea of what im looking for.

Comment

he has over 200k miles on his engine, oh, and he's boosted, not a thing done to the engine either, its bone stock.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ya I been knowing about his car since I first got into accords on accordtuner. If I keep this car this has to be the one I rely on every day. Plus, I know eric (i think) has alot more knowledge on how to maintain his car than I do so it might not be a problem for him. I think im leaning more towards the f22b option but im not quite ready to give up the bling of an h22, maybe the bling of fmic would help me get over it

Comment

Working...
                      X