H23a swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23a swap?

Ok, I have tried to search this. Is an H23 swap comparable to an H22 swap. I found a pretty good deal on an H23. Also, what is involved (sp?) in wiring H23? Please dont yell at me if this is already covered.
    Thanx,
    Angie
    91' EX H22-5 speed swap

hmmm your a chick huh?

ill tell you if you put out

jp

Not much really pretty easy

Read the stickys at the top of the forum

how to remove f22a:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=8849

This is the mostimportant:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=5423

Its just like the h22a swap but you leave out vtec wiring
    Last edited by micksf22accord; 09-25-2005, 05:54 AM.

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcbCHIC
      Ok, I have tried to search this. Is an H23 swap comparable to an H22 swap. I found a pretty good deal on an H23. Also, what is involved (sp?) in wiring H23? Please dont yell at me if this is already covered.
      Thanx,
      Angie
      Its very comparable with the h22. the only differnece that you will have is the wiring( 2 more wires than the h23 which uses one wire) the power steering bracket is probably the hardest) to me it was (i used the f22a bracket) and it depends on the year that you have (90-93). check out my ride cuz i have pics on my engine bay

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
        hmmm your a chick huh?

ill tell you if you put out

jp
        Real mature... and people wonder why there are no female tuners on the boards anymore.

H23 is similar to the h22, just dont have to worry about the vtec wiring and one other wire I think. So pretty much its a drop in as long as you arent switching which transmission you have (auto to manual).

Edit, and this only works if the motor is OBD1 like our cars. If its obd 2, if they had obd2 h23's, im sure there will be more wiring.

double edit: saw that you are looking for quite a few parts. I've got a 91 EX sedan that i'll be parting out this week as long as the guy with the title stops being a whiner. So if you need any parts(preferrably smaller that can be shipped easily), just hit me up. I will probably keep the car for a week or two, pull everything anyone needs and have it taken away.
        Last edited by aero; 09-25-2005, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!!

Do I HAVE to have the wiring harness? Or can I just use my Accord harness and the add the other two wires? I can get everything engine, tranny, ecu, and pretty much everything else EXCEPT the wiring harness.
          Thanx,
          Angie
          91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

What transmission are you using, accord or prelude? That doesnt matter as far as wiring goes, but it will if you have the prelude intermediate shaft and you have to do your own axles.

The wiring harness, you use the one from the accord, and the accord fuel rail. There are a few things that you want to switch the plugs on, but the posted threads will show you those.

I would suggest that before you install the new motor, do the timing belt and all that stuff. its much easier when its out of the car.

And the wiring, just take the harness that is on the f22 (its a good idea to put a piece of masking tape on the connectors and write what they connect to.) I undid all the wire loom, and attached the wires to the h22. I then re-tied it up, and only had to extend 1 or 2 wires.

this was when mine was almost done..

and done..

not totally the best but when i take it out this time I might hide ALL of the wires that I can just to clean it up some.

Comment

I will have both of them. I will have to re-drill the prelude tranny, just like the H22 tranny, correct? You guys are so much help I really, really appreciate it. So, I use the prelude intermediate shaft and my accord half shafts, correct? Also, I can use my ebay speacial CAI, correct?
              Thanks,
              Angie
              Last edited by JDMcbCHIC; 09-25-2005, 08:56 PM.
              91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

well i am not too sure as far as the drilling for the mounts, as I have an f22 tranny.

I also think that if you use the prelude intermediate shaft, the end of that is a male end, so you need a female axle, which is off a prelude. So you will have to use that inner part from a prelude, then dissasemble an accord axle and put them together. If you use an accord intermediate shaft, its possible that you can just use accord axles, but I am not too sure.

You can use the accord CAI, but its going to be smaller (2.5", and when I upgraded from my accord one to one for a prelude, it felt like it was able to breathe much easier.)

Comment

directly switch out the shaft from the F22 to the H23. use accord axles.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                    directly switch out the shaft from the F22 to the H23. use accord axles.
                    cool thats what I thought.. much easier than messing with the prelude one.

Comment

Working...
                    X