f22 dohc ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 dohc ??

ok i have done a search and sorta got an answer but here are my questions. I will soon be buying a f22b DOHC and i just wanted to know what is the best ECU to use on that motor..... i dont really care about gas i just want to go fast. Also should i leave the setup of the ecu as obd1 or do the conversion to obd2. And my last question is can i swap a h22 head on to the f22b block? (just in case some day it pops up for a good price!!!)
    " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

OBD I is a slightly simpler setup wiring wise. I believe that motor comes with a P14 (does that sound right?). I'm really not familiar with ECU swaps for the non-VTEC motors. Any head can be made to fit, it's a matter of oil lines, but it should be a feasible project.
    Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

Re: f22 dohc ??

Originally posted by AlmightyAccord
      ok i have done a search and sorta got an answer but here are my questions. I will soon be buying a f22b DOHC and i just wanted to know what is the best ECU to use on that motor..... i dont really care about gas i just want to go fast. Also should i leave the setup of the ecu as obd1 or do the conversion to obd2. And my last question is can i swap a h22 head on to the f22b block? (just in case some day it pops up for a good price!!!)
      i'm currently using the same motor w/ the jdm p39 ecu. before the p39, the car didn't run as smooth and as clean. u can also use the prelude p14 if can get ur hands on that too. about swapping the head to a h22, it can be done, but not worth spending the $$$ to make it happen.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

P14, and you have to hook up a knock sensor to it....
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          P14, and you have to hook up a knock sensor to it....
          P14, see I wouldn't have known that if not for you Juan!

Comment

p39 is the stock ecu i believe...
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Shutdown...

Comment

AlmightyAccord...u get the motor yet?
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC