Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compression test results on H22 I'm getting. 225?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression test results on H22 I'm getting. 225?

Today I went to Japan Motor Import ( www.japanmotorimport.com ) to look for my H22A. My nextdoor neibor happens to work there, and he was serving me, and showed me one that they had. He did a compression test for me and all that jazz, and the numbers were 225 all accross the board. I think those are pretty good numbers, am I correct? Cylinder 2 starter off only holding 175, but he did them all a few times, and it picked up to 225 like the rest. Is this just because the engine hadn't been cranked in a long time and just had to lube up for form a good seal?

It's a 1994 with an estimated 40 000km on it. The engine is clean inside. There's a small oil pan leak, so I picked up a gasket seal at Honda for 22$. They didn't clean the engine up for show to make it look all amazing, it's just a super clean engein with only minor grime. I am getting this put in on Monday. Price is 2700 CAD installed. I would love to tackle this myself, but I don't have time, and I'd rather just let someone who knows what they're doing do it, and then I get a nice warrenty with it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting bullshitted, cause he's my neighbour, he even said it jokingly "I'm not going to sell you crap when you live next to me and you'll come knocking on my door to fix this and that!" Cool Japanese guy he is!

Do all JDM H22's have LSD's or what? I forgot to ask him if it had.

CAD? computer aided design?

anyways, thats a pretty high number, but i do think its cuz it hasnt been cranked for while, but just turn it over as soon as u can, and do another check, and it should be fine.

umm, about the lsd's, i dont think all of them have it, i thought u had to buy LSD to have it srry, i duno, i can use a lil help on that too.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

CAD as in canadian dollars. eh.

lsd isn't a big deal for me. but i suppose it would be nice to have. and for the one cylinder that was low at first he said if you ran the engine for an hour it'd shoot up to normal. just gotta work it in again.

Comment

m2b4 is the tranny code of the JDM h22a with lsd that you are interested in.

CAD stands for Canadian Dollar

and 2,700CAD =2,283.87 USD so a bit high if you are transporting yourself. but then again i dont know the canadian market values of h22s

225 sounds good and being that all four are right there is awesome.

Comment

that price includes installation so it sounds pretty damn good to me. I dunno about that one cylinder though. He didn't change anything at all though like adding a drop of oil or something? All he did was retest it?
          HSHO #3

Comment

yeah, he retested it a bunch of times, and every time it was going higher. yeah he had that battery pack thing hooked up with the test pump guage thing, and he'd turn 5 times, let it go, reset the gauge, and do it again for 5 turns, and every time it got higher.

Comment

hahahaah, i thought u were talking abou the CAD drafting program,lol

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X