90-93 acc intake to a 94-97 acc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-93 acc intake to a 94-97 acc

will the 90-93 intake (f22ax) fit the 94-97 (f22bx) head?
    da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

are you putting a 90-93 intake on a 94-97? or did you buy a 94-97 head and want to put it onto your 90-93 block
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

94 to 93

I am putting a 94 intake on a 90-93 head
      da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

Comment

no, ports are diff on the f22bx(dont quote me on that, i may be wrong)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by buckt3
          I am putting a 94 intake on a 90-93 head
          intake manifold? or just intake pipe? if its just the intake pipe, then you might run into interference with the filter location hitting the battery, as they are placed differently in the 94-97 models. look at the engine bay picture in my sig, thats a 94 ex

Originally posted by jdmcord
          no, ports are diff on the f22bx(dont quote me on that, i may be wrong)
          it doesnt matter if its just the pipe because that takes into consideration engine bay configuration and not ports of any kind. plus all the f22bx intake manifoldsare single runner and suck, so . . . there would really be no performance gain no matter what the ports were
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

Comment

i said that the ports are diff., meaning the exh. and intake ports on the head, are diff than the ones on our head, so there fore, if he was tryin to put an IM on there, which thats what i thought he meant, then it wouldnt fit.

Comment

i said that the ports are diff., meaning the exh. and intake ports on the head, are diff than the ones on our head, so there fore, if he was tryin to put an IM on there, which thats what i thought he meant, then it wouldnt fit.
              your positive the intake ports are different??? . . . im not saying theyre the same, but ive heard rumors that people have swapped h23 manifolds over to the f22b1 head. look, its a confirmed fact that the f22b1 has exhaust ports that look like this o oo o but that doesnt mean it HAS to have the same intake porting
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

Comment

really? ive never heard of ppl doing that

o well, thats irrelevant with this thread anyways, lol.

Comment

really? ive never heard of ppl doing that

o well, thats irrelevant with this thread anyways, lol.
                  i was searching for a picture so i could find out myself . . . and i came across some posts talking of unconfirmed reports of the h23 intake manifold being put on an f22b1 . . . if its true . . . then i might have just found a nice IM swap onto MY f22b1
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

Comment

f22b1's suck.....its in my CL. but a short ram or cold air should work on a cb7 with little to no modification. ive never heard of people putting h23's on f22b1's but yes the exhaust manifold is o oo o. i know this because i just put a header on mine.

Comment

wont work

The ports will match up and will bolt up but the f22b1 ports suck ass and are smaller but thw problem is that the antifreeze port is about a 1/2 inch off so it will leak all day.
                      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                      Pm meX
                      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                      H22A Swap
                      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

it will fit. about 2yrs ago i want to put the sohc vtec head on my f22a4 block and use the f22a6 mani. i went to autozone, brought the a6 mani and took a look at the vtec intake gasket and it was the same bolt pattern and port size. you would just have to trim everything around and it would fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X