No announcement yet.

Turbo, or H22??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem... I'm not much of a racer myself (got my H into 15s... no lower as of yet...) but I know what needs to be done kentucky_accord is in the 13s with a crazy light CB7... I think his engine work is minimal.

Comment

lots of good points... keep on discussing, i am learning about a bunch of things not even considered...

Comment

yeah, i have hmotorsonline.com bookmarked, and it wont cost me anything to put the motor in, my uncle owns a shop....i get the install for free!

Comment

thanks for the help guys! i appreciate it
          although i would like to point out that i dont run at the track with my car, so the extreme lightening isnt for me....i am using my car for a daily driver as well, so i dont want it to be without power steering and a/c...just my $.02

Comment

Well, if you want to keep PS, you can always get an Unorthodox Racing pulley for the pump to gain a little of that lost power. AC isn't that bad... the pulley offers no resistance unless the unit is on. All it does is add about 80lbs of weight.

I have PS in my car, and AC still there (not hooked up though). You'll probably need some minor custom stuff for PS to work, and AC will work if you use stock Accord parts. The Prelude compressor requires custom (expensive) lines.

Comment

just get a lud high pressure power steering line from autozone and rebend the part that goes into the rack....you'll have little clearence between the oil filter and the line. but it will work.

Comment

h22

i would get the h22 because most of the time the stock motor will last but you are starting with a fresh newer motor then the f22. h22!

My whips!
                97 eliteS 50cc sold
                90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                93 CB 4dr ex/se
                85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                73 Opel GT garage queen
                92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

Get the H22. If you still want more HP then go turbo with the H22. You will have far more power than a F22.
                  600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord
                    Get the H22. If you still want more HP then go turbo with the H22. You will have far more power than a F22.
                    ^^ he should know There's a fully built turbo H22 under that hood!

How's everything running, kam? Are we gonna see you at the next MD meet, whenever that may be?
                    Last edited by deevergote; 09-25-2005, 10:16 AM.

Comment

see thats what ive been trying to tell everyone sure the f22 is good for boost. But built thereafter is a fuckin monster youll be screaming hoping you dont crash trying to hold onto the wheel unless you have lsd.

Comment

F22 is ideal for budget boost... You can reliably boost an F22 for MUCH less money than an H22. If you have at least $10,000 to blow on an H22 buildup and turbo system, then sure, it's an amazing thing.

Mike, you MUST keep the boosted H22 for a few years! You and I need to go head to head once I get my NA setup! We've been in this for so long together... and (until you started making bank) always at the same level

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          F22 is ideal for budget boost... You can reliably boost an F22 for MUCH less money than an H22. If you have at least $10,000 to blow on an H22 buildup and turbo system, then sure, it's an amazing thing.

Mike, you MUST keep the boosted H22 for a few years! You and I need to go head to head once I get my NA setup! We've been in this for so long together... and (until you started making bank) always at the same level
                          I want in on the action...

Comment

Working...
                          X