Is this P13 ob1 or 2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this P13 ob1 or 2??

I can't tell becuase the plugs look different then on the other obd1 ecus I have, let me know!

Last edited by VtecFreak; 01-23-2004, 04:32 PM.

You can't tell just by the connectors. I'm pretty sure the OBD1 computer has 4 sets as well, one just isn't used. You have post the info on the sticker.

Comment

Here is what it says: 37820-P13-J01
      555-300255

Last edited by VtecFreak; 01-24-2004, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I looks a a JDM P13 OBD-1, 5 speed. Anyone care to correct me?

Comment

just curious how you can tell?? My P28 only had 3 plugs so I started freaking out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by VtecFreak
            just curious how you can tell?? My P28 only had 3 plugs so I started freaking out a bit.
            Well, my USDM P13 has 4 plugs and the sticker
            "P13-J01" J means JDM and 01 is 5 speed. I think 00 is 5 speed also, not sure tho. So on my ECU, it says P13-N01, for USDM 5 speed.

Comment

That all makes sense but how do you tell if it's OBD1 from the label, I ask becuase I'm an idiot and don't know these things and if I did it would save me the risk of another beating from my wife in the future

Comment

Originally posted by VtecFreak
                That all makes sense but how do you tell if it's OBD1 from the label, I ask becuase I'm an idiot and don't know these things and if I did it would save me the risk of another beating from my wife in the future
                That I'm not sure about. I don't know what markings the OBD-2 computers have.

Comment

If I remember correctly OBD-2 plugs have three rows of pins where OBD-1 has two rows.

That ECU right there is from a 4WS Prelude. I don't know if it will work correctly in a non-4WS car, It might throw check engine codes since it doesn't see the 4WS components.

I've heard of some people messing with it but it never went anywhere. All I can say is try it out and see how it goes. Just plug in the three plugs you have.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX

That ECU right there is from a 4WS Prelude. I don't know if it will work correctly in a non-4WS car, It might throw check engine codes since it doesn't see the 4WS components.
                    Heh, I assume that's what the 4W on the sticker is? I totally missed that

Comment

Working...
                    X