head swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head swaps

is it a good idea to put a h23 head on an f22a block? is there more hp and torque?

Search, this topic has been covered a million times. Yes it's a wonderful idea
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Sort of a noob, but am I under the right assumption that the h23 is non-vtec? If that's the case and you were going to do the h23 head swap on an f22ax block, could you put vtec cams in the h23 head, or at that point would it just make more sense to do the h22 head swap? I'm only asking because with how easy the h23 head swap is (compared to h22 head swap), making the f22/h23 hybrid have vtec as well would just be wicked.

Any input would be great, thnx.
      '93 Accord EX Coupe
      SR Intake
      APEXi World Sport 2 series cat-back exhaust

My Ride

Comment

y would u put vtec cams in a head that nonvtec? there would be no point to them cuz theres no vtec activation point.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

vtec cams wont work in a nonvtec head
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Ok, I just wasn't sure. So how does the vtec activation work with the head? Are you saying that vtec has nothing to do with the cams, cuz that wouldn't make much sense. I don't know, I just kinda have a hard time believing that putting vtec cams in would do nothing at all, but I obviously don't know what the hell i'm talking about. Please don't flame, I just want to get my head clear on this so that I can plan out my mods right.
            Last edited by drr86; 09-08-2005, 12:20 PM.
            '93 Accord EX Coupe
            SR Intake
            APEXi World Sport 2 series cat-back exhaust

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by drr86
              Ok, I just wasn't sure. So how does the vtec activation work with the head? Are you saying that vtec has nothing to do with the cams, cuz that wouldn't make much sense. I don't know, I just kinda have a hard time believing that putting vtec cams in would do nothing at all, but I obviously don't know what the hell i'm talking about. Please don't flame, I just want to get my head clear on this so that I can plan out my mods right.
              Cams are specifically designed to work with that particular application. You most likely would not experience the same gains since the cams were not designed for your application. If you want to have Vtec, you will need a head that has Vtec like an H22 head or an F23 vtec head or even the f22b vtec head.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Go here to learn more about VTAK!!!! It spells it out plain and simple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

Comment

you could go there or you could go to howstuffworks.com, has a pretty good link to how vtec works.

i know you're a noob and all but you should learn how the stuff works before you have doubt on what someone else is telling you.
                  VQ35 POWAH!

Comment

dang.... if i see another thread like this i'm gonna cry..... whos' actually doing this anyway....

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                    X