H22 Longblock w/ F20A Tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Longblock w/ F20A Tranny

Ok, if anyone has any clue on how this would be if I bought the H22 Longblock and used my F20A Tranny w/43k on it (5spd). Is it worth it, will I fall out of VTEC, let me know some pros and cons, and i'm sure there is another post like this, but those are not clear. Lets me this post clear for all the other people wanting to know.

Thanks.

why would you fall out of VTEC...it's not like boost...it doesn't build up. it's there at a certain RPM and when you hit it, you got it...then when you come back down, you're out...

and if this is the f20a SOHC, then your gearing should be similar to the usdm's f22a's tranny...so i would believe that your gas mileage would be good, but the abuse the h22 will put it through would kill it sooner than usual. not to mention, your powerband on the h22 wouldn't be reached like it would with the h22 tranny...basically it would just take longer to get to the h22's powerband (longer gears).
    VQ35 POWAH!

Comment

well what he means by falling outta VTEC its gear ratio dependent in what range of rpms you fall on when you shift the VTEC crossover on H22 is 5200 so find your gear ratios and use this RPM calculator and this will let you know all sortsa cool stuff longer gears are better gas mileage and very boost friendly (you can stay in boost longer) top speed and if youd like to counteract the longer gears and final well just run smaller tires instead of running 18 like most odd people like to do

Comment

you would only be out of VTEC for a few hundred RPMs. I am running my F22A tranny on my F20A DOHC and I can rev it out to 6600 and then shift and hit 4800 in the next gear (awesome at the track) but anyways I would go ahead and do it.
        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Working...
        X