Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good or Bad Price for STR Pro cam gears (H22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good or Bad Price for STR Pro cam gears (H22)

$150
    Brand New
    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

i'd say thats a good price. but whatever you do, dont get the old aem or str's.

Comment

they are the new pro gears. 5 bolt i believe.

AEM 3 bolt design = ***

Comment

the 3 bolt is stronger.......hence 3 bolts instead of 5.

Comment

how would 3 be stronger

3 bolt design and one comes loose. now you have 2 bolts holding and hoping they dont slip

5 bolt design and one comes loose. now you have 4 bolts. 4 is better than 2.

Plus im not sold with anything AEM makes except for their intakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 93ACCLUDE
            how would 3 be stronger

3 bolt design and one comes loose. now you have 2 bolts holding and hoping they dont slip

5 bolt design and one comes loose. now you have 4 bolts. 4 is better than 2.

Plus im not sold with anything AEM makes except for their intakes.
            i agree aem suck i dont buy aem....its simple that a 3 bolt design is stronger than a 6...6 bolts = 6 breaking points....were as 3 bolts = 3 breaking points...im not talking about lose bolts im talking about broken cam gears....i have seen aem came gears break on a couple occasions....aem = suckage.

Comment

gotcha

STR cams are pretty damn good though. never heard of them breaking so. well i looked around a lil bit and found that people sell 1 str cam gear for like $100. so 150 is definitely a good price

Comment

Originally posted by 93ACCLUDE
                gotcha

STR cams are pretty damn good though. never heard of them breaking so. well i looked around a lil bit and found that people sell 1 str cam gear for like $100. so 150 is definitely a good price
                ohhhh your buying the STR gear? ok good i have only heard good things about them......aem sucks i have seen them break many times 3 to be exact and thats enough for me not to buy from them......great choice going with the STR. and not a bad price either.i agree with you also the more bolts the better for tightness and whatnot but for overall strength and rigidity......the less bolts the better.

Comment

well no. i already own them but was looking for a decent price to sell them.
                  someone is gonna get the hook up cuz i have them listed on ebay for $100 with no reserve and only $10 shipping, and NO bids yet.

Comment

How do you guys rate the skunk 2 five bolt cam gears?

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                      How do you guys rate the skunk 2 five bolt cam gears?
                      ive had absolutely no probs with mine, and ive been using them for about 2 years now.

but i would say go str. im jumping on the "fuck skunk2" bandwagon thats going around h-t. if youve heard anything about it, it centers around a friend of mine.

Comment

yeah i heard skunk2 cams are shit too.
                        can i join the bandwagon

Comment

I'm glad I asked. They look great but...I am not willing to take a chance. Plus i always thought they were overrated. STR all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                            I'm glad I asked. They look great but...I am not willing to take a chance. Plus i always thought they were overrated. STR all the way.
                            good choice

not to mention str are my initials. Shane Tyson Rodda ... oh shit!!!! im famous.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                              good choice

not to mention str are my initials. Shane Tyson Rodda ... oh shit!!!! im famous.
                              Doc you is hilarious! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X