engine importing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine importing.

wats up. do any of you know if there is a any tax if you import an engine from Japan?

Yes there is a tax...but that is the least of your worries

Comment

why not jus buy one already imported here to lessen headaches?
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

because there they are much cheeper, even with shipping they will be around $500-$800 cheaper.

Comment

Have you ever imported something beofre, had it pass through customs and the entire importing prodcess?

Comment

Importing ANYTHIHNG automotive is a pain in the ass. Even the guys who just do headlighhts and stuff often have to deal with customs issues, and all the headaches for those simple things. Unless you're looking to import a number of engines to sell for a profit, the costs and procedures necessary to import a single engine for yourself won't be worth any savings you MIGHT end up with. Just buy from an established importer and understand that you're paying for the MAJOR convenience of having all that done for you!

As an example... I can get a 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T for $2000. I can ship it here for another $1000. I can get it through customs for about $1500... BUT, when it goes through customs, it has to go to a "registered importer"... who then has to perform abou $15,000 worth of modifications before I can ever see my car. So my $2000 car is now a $20,000 car. Thank you US importation/EPA/safety laws!

Comment

I imported my engine and it was more trouble then I was expecting but nothing impossible. Had to go to customs and fill out paper work/pay fees. Then to the actual port where it was shipped where they apparently expected me to show up in an 18-wheeler and they were going to load it on with a forklift... But I came in a minivan since I don't have an 18-wheeler lol so that caused some problems but we got it in eventually.
              HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                I imported my engine and it was more trouble then I was expecting but nothing impossible. Had to go to customs and fill out paper work/pay fees. Then to the actual port where it was shipped where they apparently expected me to show up in an 18-wheeler and they were going to load it on with a forklift... But I came in a minivan since I don't have an 18-wheeler lol so that caused some problems but we got it in eventually.
                And then you sold it...

Comment

John Vega of Phearable sent me a link to this site, they really know their shit and have warranties with their engines.

http://www.zerolift.com/

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    And then you sold it...

hahaha

...but I hear it has gone to a good home
                    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Yes, I hear it has... I have yet to hear confirmation of it being functional in it's new home, however. I'm mad because I'm now slower than the new owner... and such a short time ago I was SO much faster!

Comment

hey, where or what sites do I go to, to order from japan directly for myself and resale purposes??thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X