Would it be possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be possible

please this is just a though,so please dont flame me my brother and i were discussing and idea today about taking a cb7 and making it a real hybrid not that hybrid motors havent been done all ready, but maybe take a 4g63 motor and fit it in to an accord, ecu and harness,custom fab accord outer cv cup with eclipse axles,and misc bullshit that needed to figure out, what info is avalible about the all wheel drive accord in japan, can the running gear be acquired for this inspired idea, maybe even if it can be done get the all whell drive running gear and mate it to the tsi awd transfer case/transaxle, the reasons behind it are the 4g63 motor is probibly the most forgiving turbo motor ever made, shit look sideways at a 4g63 and it makes more power, parts are cheaper and 400-500 hp is not hard to obtain, just a though guys lets hears some ideas and thoughs about it i hope this fits the swap section profile lol
    Last edited by Gen4Acclude; 08-20-2005, 12:03 AM.
    fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

come on people lets hears some ideas and thoughts about this, fizz what are your thought, any one
    fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
      the reasons behind it are the 4g63 motor is probibly the most forgiving turbo motor ever made, shit look sideways at a 4g63 and it makes more power, parts are cheaper and 400-500 hp is not hard to obtain
      I swear I read that in a magazine the other day... Anyways anything is possible with time and money. With the time and money spent on that you may as well just build another engine that drops in imo, then you can still make that much power. There is a 4g63t fwd in a red civic hatch running around somwhere.
      HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
        I swear I read that in a magazine the other day... Anyways anything is possible with time and money. With the time and money spent on that you may as well just build another engine that drops in imo, then you can still make that much power. There is a 4g63t fwd in a red civic hatch running around somwhere.
        what mag

R.I.P.

Comment

there is acouple civics running around with 4g63t motors. search for it and some will pop up on H-T
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I had a thought like this earlier... though rather than the 4G63 motor, I was just thinking about the transmission and 4wd setup (the Galant VR4 is very CB7-ish, which made me think the components could be made to fit with some work). I wonder if an adapter could be made for the transmission to fit on an H22...

Comment

Thats wassup

Comment

well the guy with the 4g63 power civic live an hour from me so maybe i can pick his brain and see if this is possible i even have his phone #

R.I.P.

Comment

yes i read it in a magazine. it was a whole mag about getting cheap power they had a hasport crx with an h22. a 240sx with an sr20det and an early 90's talon with a 46g3 motor
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                    I swear I read that in a magazine the other day...
                    you did. its in the Aug sport compact i think

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

well im at my brothers and now i can look at the engine bay of the eclipse model and accord model in this built idea and it looks pretty strait forward, it fit a civic and a h22 will fit a civic so it can be done, time a money i guess most of the fabrication i can do, axles would be custom, as for the awd accord what would it take to get the running gear over here from japan can the shit be located

R.I.P.

Comment

Errrrrrrrr....That was actually one of my crazy swap ideas!!!! The CB7 chassis will have to be altered to accomodate the AWD. I got it all in my head but it will require alot of welding, cuting and oh yes Massaging via sledge hammer.

Comment

well been doing some measuring and the driver side bracket will need to be relocated and the rear mount moverd but the tranny side bolts to the frame rails so that is pretty eazy one to figure out will post some pic tomorrow so you can see the mounts for both the eclipse and the accord found the shop the did the axles for the civic swap will hold 500whp for 450 bucks, might skip the awd thing for now, need more info on the jdm awd cb7's and see if the shit can even be obtained

R.I.P.

Comment

The only JDM AWD cb7 was an automatic wagon... not something we could use, I don't think. I'm sure it won't hold much power, if anything! I'd rather try to make the Galant VR4 setup work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              The only JDM AWD cb7 was an automatic wagon... not something we could use, I don't think. I'm sure it won't hold much power, if anything! I'd rather try to make the Galant VR4 setup work.
                              Thats what i was thinking. You are better going with the mitsubishi setup instead. There is much more aftermarket support than the CB9 AWD wagon.

I love this post
                              Originally posted by Gen4acclude
                              please this is just a though,so please dont flame me
                              Its not a bad thing to think outside the norm. Just dont post no retarded swaps like the RB26DETT in a CB7 or even more retarded, VQ35DE in a CB7.
                              Last edited by KillerCam282; 08-22-2005, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X