Fluctuating idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluctuating idle

Ok, I put the new injectors (Venom 270cc) in my H22A1 and now the motor is running worse than before. At idle, it's fluctuating between 1k and 2k and when I hit the gas to rev, it falls flat on it's face like it wants to die. I tightened the FICV and cleaned out the IACV, but it's still doing the same thing, I can't even set the timing because I can't get an even idle. I'm thinking about trying to get another throttle body, but I wanted to hit you guys up for ideas first. Also, I thought at one point that it might be the cam timing, so I took the valve cover off, pulled all of the plugs (none of which were fouled) and set the motor to TDC. The cams were lined up perfectly. I reset the ECU twice.
    Should I get a fuel pressure gauge to put on the fuel rail to see if that could be it? Get another throttle body? Try another ECU?

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

I might be speaking out of my ass when I say this but would this affect your fuel map?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Yeah, it probably would, but these injectors are designed for motors with just an intake header and exhaust, which is what I have. The stock injectors are 255cc, so these are only about 10% higher flow. Shouldn't have to adjust for them. Besides it doesn't sound like an injector problem. Now that I've listened to it more, it sounds like a vacuum leak. I'm gonna go get some type of spray so I can try to chase it down if it is indeed a vacuum leak. Oh, and it's not throwing any codes...

I know this has been covered several times in the past, but I tried everything I found as a fix before I posted this.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Sounds like too much fuel being dumped in.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

did you replace the fuel pump when you upgraded?

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
            did you replace the fuel pump when you upgraded?
            No, I ended up putting the old injectors back in and it's running smoothly again. I think I'm gonna have to wait until I can mod the ECU to use the extra fuel and get a new pressure regulator and all that aftermarket stuff...

Comment

Working...
            X