F22B2 into a 93 coupe mount probs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B2 into a 93 coupe mount probs...

Aight, as you all know, I'm yanking out my H22A out of my CB7 and swapping into a hatch... Actually, I just got done pulling her out. I'm selling my shell to a buddy that has an F22B2 w/ a turbo (94 LX motor) that's he's dropping in my 93. Obviously, the 5th gens use a Prelude style mount on the driver side. Is there a mount out there that I can use to fit in my bay mount, or are we looking at cutting off the engine bay bracket, and welding a new one on?

Brad
    Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

We got the F22B2 in tonight. It's resting on the driver's side mount, and the passenger is bolted in. The rear motor mount is slightly off, not lining up with the bracket. The driver's side mount is about a 1/2" off using the F22A6 mount with only one bolt in holding the mount to the bracket. I dunno if this is going to work out for Dave or not. If we get it in, great, he can have the shell. If not, I'll be parting out the remainders of the car. Suspension and a few bolt-ons is all that really remains. I believe the largest issue is that this car was originally an A/T, and we're trying to drop a 5th gen M/T in. Anyone that might have tried this swap, info on your motor mount issues would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Comment

You need to put the Drivers side mount braket and mount from the F22Ax on the F22Bx engine. The F22Bx uses a suspended mount and there for the bracket is much differernt.

If you use the F22Ax's bracket you can bolt up every single bolt from the bracket to engine excepter for one (Which doesn't really matter because the mount uses like 5 bolts) and the engine will line up perfectly.

If you try to use the 5th gen drivers side the engine will sit incorrectly and always pop the axles out.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Somehow I knew I was going to be seeing that happy smiling face, LOL! Thanks Busted, but I'm just gonna part out the car, it's worth more money to me that way. I put the sale link up in the CB7 classfieds if you're interested.

Brad

Comment

I'm intrested in the whole car if it's a four door in good cosmetic condition. Let me know, send pictures to email@josebellas.com. Since you're in Orlando I could just cruise up there one day with the trailer and bring it down.

Let me know.

Comment

It's a coupe... pics are here if you're still interested... www.cardomain.com/id/surfjunkie44

Comment

Ohh no thanks, I'm not intrested in a Coupe, I just realized to in the thread topic... duhhhhh.

Oh well. Hay what did you decide to do with your LSD tranny that got messed up? Keeping it?

Comment

Just yanked the motor out last night. I'm dropping it off at my tranny shop, it's coming back out fixed, with an ACT XTSS, 12.5 flywheel, and maybe a set of gears. Oh, the good ole' H-motor is going to be around for a while... Only now in EG style!

Brad

Comment

if u need f22a4 a1 side mounts i have em.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks, but I'm ditching the Accord, parting it out, check it out in the CB7 Classifieds...

Comment

Working...
                    X