Almost ready to buy swap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost ready to buy swap!!!

Hi,I've been seriously thinkin of swaping a dohc f22b into my 93 ex.So far i understand that installation of this engine is pretty much reverse of removal of my engine,thanx to the iab's my ex came equiped with.I just want to make a thread about my particular application to make sure i have everything staright.Water pump,timing belt, and valve cover gasket/sparkplug seals can all be bought for an h23a and fit in my application right?I also understand that I am going to have to swap my f22a6 fuel rail to the DOHC.The only two problems I have heard of people having having were about the A/C and P/S.Personaly, i don't give a shit about A/C, so the compressor will be taken out.I do however,love my P/S.How do i rig that up?I read about intalling the a6 bracket/pump,but only installin two bolts,instead of three and some washers on the bottom bolt.If thats true, it would be gravy.But what kind of belt do i use?Also, where the hell do you guys find them engine lifts?Do you rent them from somewhere?This is another problem I am encoutering,I have no idea what to do once everything is unhooked/unbolted.If I ended up having to to pull it from the bottom would i have to pull the rack asnd pinnion?because I have pulled one before and tjose damn hydro lines are a bitch!!!

P.S.-thanx in advance, and sorry for the noobie post.
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

bumpity bump,just need info on P/S
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Well I used my stock PS pump (f22a1) with belt. My motor came with the mount. You can just get an H23 PS mount at a junkyard. The only problems I ran into was the internal coil on the JDM F22B. I couldn't get it to fire. I did the splicing trick and nothing. So i just ran the wire out of my dizzy to my stock external coil and it started the first time. You will probably get a surging idle at first so check your Fast idle valve (bolted under your throttle body)and your vac lines and make sure you buy new intake manifold gaskets. Make sure you have the right ecu too, thats the only problem I have now, so I ordered a chipped p14 and we'll see how it goes. Oh as far as the lifts, I had to borrow one from a friend.
      JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by crazylude
        Well I used my stock PS pump (f22a1) with belt. My motor came with the mount. You can just get an H23 PS mount at a junkyard. The only problems I ran into was the internal coil on the JDM F22B. I couldn't get it to fire. I did the splicing trick and nothing. So i just ran the wire out of my dizzy to my stock external coil and it started the first time. You will probably get a surging idle at first so check your Fast idle valve (bolted under your throttle body)and your vac lines and make sure you buy new intake manifold gaskets. Make sure you have the right ecu too, thats the only problem I have now, so I ordered a chipped p14 and we'll see how it goes. Oh as far as the lifts, I had to borrow one from a friend.
        hey thanx for the info,so if my stock P/S mount works why get the h23 mount?I didn't know about the internal coil stuff,i'll have to research on that cause i have know idea what the differance is with mine(i know its external), and i don't know how to hook it up.Thanx for the info,so preludes came with sohc f22's too or is that not your car on your sig?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Thats my car alright and yes, I had an F22a1, and yes The 92-96 Prelude S came with this motor. The Prelude Si's and VTEC's came with the DOHC. No, I meant the stock PS PUMP not mount. Your F22a1 mount won't fit, I tried, unless you ghetto rig it. The F22B and H23A PS mounts are the same. I know this because I have a spare H23 layin around and they both matched. Any more questions just ask.
          JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Thats my car alright and yes, I had an F22a1, and yes The 92-96 Prelude S came with this motor. The Prelude Si's and VTEC's came with the DOHC. No, I meant the stock PS PUMP not mount. Your F22a1 mount won't fit, I tried, unless you ghetto rig it. The F22B and H23A PS mounts are the same. I know this because I have a spare H23 layin around and they both matched. Any more questions just ask.
            o yeah i know what you mean,well the motor i'm going to order has both pump and bracket so i gues it wont be a problem ,i researched the whole internal coil mod and it doesn't seem that hard.Thanx for the info.

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

No prob bob, if you run into problems, I might be able to help. I don't have an accord so I don't know if you would run into different problems.
              JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

No prob bob, if you run into problems, I might be able to help. I don't have an accord so I don't know if you would run into different problems.
                thanx man i'm gonna call different places tommorow to get quotes.It seemed like japanesestarmotors.com was the way to go but ive heard of people getting them for 600,and janesestar has 'em for 850 shipped.Were did you get yours anyway?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Well, the brother of a friend of mine had it in his garage for like a year, he was going to put it into a 94-on accord but he sold the accord so I bought it off him. He had already done a few things on it like change the main seals and gaskets and timing belt. All I had to do was bolt that bitch up.
                  JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Well, the brother of a friend of mine had it in his garage for like a year, he was going to put it into a 94-on accord but he sold the accord so I bought it off him. He had already done a few things on it like change the main seals and gaskets and timing belt. All I had to do was bolt that bitch up.
                    hmm,i guess you got lucky then,I'll see what heppens tommorow.I wish we had an engine importer here in PA,shipping rates are a bitch!!!

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

ok guys,i'm gonna buy my swap tommorow,i asked them if they include the powersteering bracket and they said know.So i guess i'll use mine(f22a6) and ghetto rig it?Ghetto rig i mean only bolt it u with 2 of the 3 bolts and use washers on the bottom bolt to even in out?thanx in advance...

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Originally posted by 91ACCORDSIR
                        SEARCh is your friend
                        ACCORD SiR
                        and reading is yours,i'm goin for an f22b not h22

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

theres some places in FL that sell f22bs, dont mind other post i thought you were going h22
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                            theres some places in FL that sell f22bs, dont mind other post i thought you were going h22
                            thanx but i already know were i'm gettin my motor from-makato auto parts.

I wish i was goin h22,but i'm still 16 in highschool washing dishes and cuttin gyro for my dough.

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

go h22 damnit

Comment

Working...
                              X