My smog test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My smog test results

Ok, I've decided to scan and post my smog test results...

F22A1 (Before swap)

25mph test HCs@1396(Max=52 GP>224) CO@1.38(Max=0.49 GP>1.99)

H22A1 first try straight out of shop

15mph test HCs@337(Max=87 GP>274) CO=pass NOx@963(Max=701 GP>1930)

H22A1 with new cat and exhaust. Also ran FI cleaner through system in an attempt to lower emissions

15mph test HCs@266 (Max=87 GP>274) NOx@381(Max 701 so this passed now)

H22A1 after adjusting timing and TPS

25mph test HCs@79(Max=52) NOx down to 4PPM @15mph and 8PPM @ 25mph!

H22A1 after lowering idle, adjusting timing again and adding "Blue Sky Clean Air" fuel additive

Will post results when I get them...
    Stay tuned!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

"If you can read this, you don't need your glasses."

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
      "If you can read this, you don't need your glasses."
      I have glasses and i still cant see. lol. I need new ones with stronger lens. I am going to 2moro to get my car tested.
      I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

Yeah, that's why I wrote the important results below the scans. I didn't want to have to post HUGE pics...

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

well youre on your way. do you have to pay for all these retests? cause that would suck hard. guess i got lucky with mine i passed easily 1st try... here were my results.

15mph: HC-48ppm CO%-.05 NO-307ppm
          25mph: HC-25ppm CO%-.02 NO-84ppm

and the best part of this story, i drove it from my house to the shop to get smogged. all i did was throw on a carsound cat. my car was still tuned with a chipped p72 and sporting crower cams... and the shit still passed. i never messed with the idle or timing.

Comment

Ref is actually cheaper than any smog station... $30 for the first test, 2nd is free, then 3rd is $30 and 4th is free and so on. I'm getting ready to set up test #4 and if it passes, it'll be $8.25 for the cert. If it fails (let's hope it doesn't), next one is $30.

Comment

i had to pay $80, but i had to get a "test only" smog for my dmv registration.

Comment

Did you ever go to a ref to BAR the swap? Or are you just hoping no one notices that it's not what it's supposed to be?

Comment

i was just hoping they didnt notice anything... and they didnt. either that, or they didnt care since it passed clean enough. i shaved the valvecover, so to the untrained eye, its just a car with a motor and its still 2.2ltr like the stock motor.

and no ive never gone to get a bar sticker. not sure if it would pass. do they run any tests on the emissions equipment, or is it all visual to make sure its there. for one, i have an egr, but its doing absolutely nothing. it was basically ignored when i got chipped, much like the knock sensor was. and i believe they match the ecu to the motor, i dont have the stock ecu... and even if i did, my car would run all sloppy with a p13 and cams.

Comment

Well don't you have a JDM motor anyway?

Comment

Well rats. Just took my car in my buddy who thought he could test me but it turns out he can't. At any rate, it passed the rollers with no problem, even with my stock cat (yes, the one that came with the car 196,000 miles ago).

Results:
                      15mph:
                      HC = 82
                      CO = .13
                      NO = 340

25mph
                      HC = 59
                      CO = .13
                      NO = 298

If only this motor wasn't JDM I'd be at a ref so quick your head would spin.
                      Last edited by NutBucket; 07-27-2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Well, went in today for the real test. Ran even cleaner!

15 mph
                        HC = 76
                        CO = .11
                        NO = 115

25 mph
                        HC = 30
                        CO = .03
                        NO = 74

I think if I had a better cat the HC would be better....oh well!

Comment

A new cat would actually do more for the NOx, but it will lower the HCs too. It did wonders for my NOx numbers!

Comment

I only mention the cat in relation to HC because both yesterday and today the first time we tested it failed 15mph HC. Second time it passed just fine. The cat heating up more is the best I can figure.

Comment

Rats! Foiled, errr... FAILED again! Now, I'm gonna borrow an ECU and maybe check if the compression is higher than it should be. I really hope I don't have to rebuild the darned motor to get it passed. Maybe a thicker head gasket or something... I really don't know any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X