H22 Diy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Diy

where can i find a good descriptive H22 swap DIY?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

http://www.h22a.org/4gswap.htm

It's not exactly the greastest reference, but it gives a general overview.

My directions would read:

1) Remove old engine
    2) Install new engine

Kind of like the job I'm doing now - "remove front suspension."

Cheers

Comment

Yeah use H22A.org it's a pretty good idea of what you are getting into.

The only thing I disagree with on that site is the removing the engine from underneath. With our cars I prefer coming out the top. That's just me though.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yeah real people use the old engine hoist meaning you have to take off the hood drop it in the realaign it they probably didnt wanna bother with it since they had access to a lift man if i had that shit id save money on tranny work as far as changing my clutch and oil changes id be happy to do the swap for you if you can make it here

Comment

where is "Here" lol. oh and the engien doesnt come with a tranny or an ECU....im assuming i need both of these? if i cant get them cheap i dont know if i can afford the swap...well see.

Comment

Okay off to start im up in newyork. Secondly I can have you order the engine over the phone from steve at hmotors online they have a warrantee on their engines for 2,250 shipped 30 day startup warrantee. The engines are mint as far as looks and running order if a sensor is bad you can send it back to him and hell get you another one.

I have a hoist in my back yard now the 2,250 comes with engine tranny you dont need the harness for yours its a straight drop in only have to modify the tranny mount so the prelude one can fit there thats for 20 bucks for me to do i need a bit to drill into it simple. Now you may just want to change your clutch so get a new clutch or get a oem one if you dont plan to do anything soon or a aftermarket one ill inspect and install it for free. My services are 450 for the swap $225 for the old one out $225 in or well negotiate to work something out if you cant afford it. It will take 2-3 days to have everything done and double checked over ill start the swap in the morning and be done in the afternoon lemme know

Comment

that sounds great...but im getting the engine (just the block i guess) for $1000 installed and i only have to drive an hour....to be honest i rather have someone that i know has done it before put it in (meaning you) but i dont know...But can I use the F22 tranny? i think i can get an ECU for a pretty good price...the block is ported and polished with aftermarket headers that were chrome dipped (yuck) along with the valve cover (yuck again) so it might have a little bit more punch to it....would the F22 tranny be able to handle it? i dont race so i dont need every possible quarter mile second. its more for show.
              Last edited by Accord R33; 01-12-2004, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Bro that makes no sense at all why are you putting in just the block. The p13 and the p3 have two different sides to them they react differently to the engines timing and fuel maps. You rather pay someone just $ 1000 just to drop in a engine bro if i were you not to let you down or anything id just wait until i have enough money to do the whole thing or just dont do it at all personally.

Your just wasting your time droppin in just the engine it wont feel right if its just a show car which i think is really nice by the way just leave it the way it is until your money is right and until your ready bro. Why use your f22 tranny it wasnt made for a prelude yeah you can use it ,and all but its more suited for economy not for performance. You will go into vtec with the p13 ecu but not the p3 another thing you will be very slow to get back into vtec mode alot by then the race will be over and youll want more your gonna wish you had that tranny. If you know someone why pay him $1000 shouldn't he be charging you less personally and im charging $450 to do the whole thing who's to say i havent done it before either hmmmmmmmmmm just my 0.2 cents

Comment

yah...i have no idea about the performance stuff sorry if its stupid...do you have AIM sparkle? id like to talk to you about the whole deal when you have some free time...thanks i apreciate it

my AIM name is Accord R33 Tuner

Comment

oh sorry for the confusion too...when i said "I rather have someone that i know has done the swap put it in" i ment you....i dont konw if this guy who is offering has done it before...sorry

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      yeah real people use the old engine hoist meaning you have to take off the hood drop it in
                      You don't have to take the hood off bro, you just prop it up higher. I don't ever remove hoods unless I absolutely have to. It's extra work plus then you have to realign the hood n all that, blah.

Comment

realaigning the hood sure is a pain cause its two people and you have to close the hood making sure it doesnt bend and as far as propin it higher thats aight but i dont want to rely on my jack to prop the engine higher i have a two ton jack but i rather use the other method its from the top much easier for me atleast how do you do yours? just askin

Comment

I go from the top but I'm saying you don't have to remove the hood just get a longet hood prop to hold it higher, that's all.

Comment

i wanna change my valve cover bro can you help me out where did you torque the bolts up to and furthermore where did you get the cover from. Did it come with the honda sparkplugcover and the red piece i want to change all that i may get red too just for show where can i get that black cover alternator piece aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              i wanna change my valve cover bro can you help me out where did you torque the bolts up to and furthermore where did you get the cover from. Did it come with the honda sparkplugcover and the red piece i want to change all that i may get red too just for show where can i get that black cover alternator piece aswell.
                              I think mine is torqued to 14lbs. I beleive. I sent an extra valve cover I head to a guy out of state to have it powder coated. The Spark Plug wire cover I already had. The black peice I'm sure you can get from the junkyard or dealer.

Comment

Working...
                              X