someone have a 13 sec na auto H22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone have a 13 sec na auto H22?

A friend of mine told me someone here has a na H22 with auto trans that's running 13's! If that's true, can you please give me a clue of how you've done that? I have an auto and even done the Level Ten conversion on it and I only run 17.2 every time. It's really depressing and I'm begging for your help!

Originally posted by markyh73
    A friend of mine told me someone here has a na H22 with auto trans that's running 13's! If that's true, can you please give me a clue of how you've done that? I have an auto and even done the Level Ten conversion on it and I only run 17.2 every time. It's really depressing and I'm begging for your help!
    i dont know about an auto running 13s but i know that 2point6 is running low 13s breaking 12s. but hes not auto.

and whtas the "level ten conversion"? sounds like video game.. and 17.2 even for an auto h22 equipped cb7 is real slow. IDK should be mid to high 15s in an auto i think..and high 14s to low 15s for a stock manual h22 equipped cb7.

Comment

Well, I should first say that I have a 94, so it's not a cb7, but I'm really desperate for some help. My friend Jeremy who's part of the Chicagoland Accord Club told me about this site, and it does look good with a lot of good info. Anyway, he told me someone here had been running 13's and I thought he said it was an auto.

The Level Ten conversion is to make the auto tranny perform more like a manual and less like a slushbox. Level Ten is a company in New Jersey that has parts kits for almost any car/tranny out and then they modify your torque converter as well. The difference is very noticable and much better, but I was expecting 15.2, not 17.2 I think I'm running rich because there's a lot of soot in my tail pipe. I have an AEM cai, NGK iridium plugs, MSD wires(ignition box not currently hooked up), 130 amp alternator, Optima battery, DC Sports header, ApexI world sport exhaust, Catco high flow converter. I thought maybe the problem was the ecu, but I just got a JDM ecu and I had almost exactly the same time and I know the VTEC point is way different. I don't know if my timing is just way off or what, but could timing slow me down that much anyway?

I hope nobody here gets mad at me for signing up on cb7, but like I said, I'm desperate and this seems to be a really good site and 4th gen guys seem to do more H22 swaps than anyone. Thanks

Comment

what rpm is your auto shifting at?
        HSHO #3

Comment

yeah.. you should be running a lot faster times than that. do you feel any lag with the engine? are you sure vtec is engaging? lastly, do you know the code of the ECU you're currently using (p13, p28, etc.)?

Comment

jesus christ, i heard of people blowing their h22 on the track and still limping in to 15.5 and shit.

something has to be wrong, are you running with a sound system in the car and 19s?
            '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
            -'93 AGP EX 4AT
            10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

What was the trap speed? The trap speed tells how much power you have not the e.t.'s You should be trapping anywhere from 90mph-95mph
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

do you have an h22 swap??

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DOHC
                  do you have an h22 swap??
                  know what...i'm getting the same impression...

*edit* read his 2nd post, he's got an h22.
                  Last edited by MRX; 07-08-2005, 11:15 AM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I think I'm running rich because there's a lot of soot in my tail pipe. I have an AEM cai, NGK iridium plugs, MSD wires(ignition box not currently hooked up), 130 amp alternator, Optima battery, DC Sports header, ApexI world sport exhaust, Catco high flow converter. I thought maybe the problem was the ecu, but I just got a JDM ecu and I had almost exactly the same time and I know the VTEC point is way different. I don't know if my timing is just way off or what, but could timing slow me down that much anyway?
                    from what you say here sounds like your ECU isnt running properly. prolly showing a CEL but your light may be busted. also check to see what your tranny is shifting at..not with you shifting (cause im not sure how your tranny conv. is working) also run your car to see what your redline is at. you should be shifting near the end of your stock tach. h22s dont rev like our f series motors.. you say you are in the chicago area. theres prolly a lot of shops that can help you out. but the only thing im not sure about is your "level ten conv." might be what is limping your car so much. got a link for this? id like to read up on it and see what the deal is.

Comment

Yes, I have an H22A swap. I'm using the H22 tranny also and I was first using the USDM ecu a p13 because the one I had with the engine had gotten wet. So when I first went to the track I got a 17.2. I thought since the USDM version is slightly different I'd get a JDM p13 with what I thought would be a better fuel map and different vtec point. Well, the vtec in the usdm was at 4400 and as far as I can tell the jdm is 5250 because I can feel it and I hit the 7000 or so range when it shifts and it shifts way better than a regular tranny/torque convert after the level ten conversion. Still a 17.2!! Level Ten is @ www.levelten.com by the way. Anyway, I have Konig Helium 17's which only weigh 17lbs each, and my system is only 2 JL 10's in a small box it can't be weighing me down that much. The car seems to run perfectly, just really unusally slow for a 200hp engine. I'm going to put it on the dyno next Friday and hopefully that will answer some questions. I know it's running rich but I didn't think that was a huge problem.

Comment

Yes, I have an H22A swap. I'm using the H22 tranny also and I was first using the USDM ecu a p13 because the one I had with the engine had gotten wet. So when I first went to the track I got a 17.2. I thought since the USDM version is slightly different I'd get a JDM p13 with what I thought would be a better fuel map and different vtec point. Well, the vtec in the usdm was at 4400 and as far as I can tell the jdm is 5250 because I can feel it and I hit the 7000 or so range when it shifts and it shifts way better than a regular tranny/torque convert after the level ten conversion. Still a 17.2!! Level Ten is @ www.levelten.com by the way. Anyway, I have Konig Helium 17's which only weigh 17lbs each, and my system is only 2 JL 10's in a small box it can't be weighing me down that much. The car seems to run perfectly, just really unusally slow for a 200hp engine. I'm going to put it on the dyno next Friday and hopefully that will answer some questions. I know it's running rich but I didn't think that was a huge problem.
                        well what TCU are you running? and who did your swap. check your ECU let us know what TCU you are running and then show us dyno charts (but they wont help diagnose..just give an idea of how much your limping swap is putting out) then we can help you out a little more..

Comment

just tell the trap speeds...theres your dyno right there.

Comment

The P13 is JDM and it has a different vtec engagement, but that's about it. I'll post dyno results with the two different ecu's too. I just looked all over and I can't find my time slips to tell you what the 60' time is, but I do remember the mph was like 82.95 or so every time.

Comment

The P13 is JDM and it has a different vtec engagement, but that's about it. I'll post dyno results with the two different ecu's too. I just looked all over and I can't find my time slips to tell you what the 60' time is, but I do remember the mph was like 82.95 or so every time.
                              !!! Holy crap! Yea something is DEFINATELY wrong. Theres like a small animal stuck in your intake manifold or somethin! Check everything from your base ignition timing, to compression, to seeing if your brakes are making excessive contact with the rotors. Your literally pulling the same times i did as when i first raced at the track with my stock f22.

Comment

Working...
                              X