Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 auto swap, keeping it auto

Hey guys,

I am not a racer, I could careless about racing, or anything stupid like that, I want my cb7 to be a reliable daily driver. That said, I want to replace my stock f22a1 to a h22 when the millage gets over 210K or if the engine dies, its at 133k now, so it should be a while before that happens. I would like to go to a h22 because of the added performance (I have to admit I like to go fast on the way to work). I am pretty much 90% sure I want to do the swap but I am iffy about converting the car to Manual. I grew up with Auto cars, and have ZERO experience driving stick, and to me it sounds alittle annoying, if I got a h22 I would want to keep it auto. Is this possible? Is it more expensive? What extra would I have to do to make this possible? There is a company here where I live that sells JDM imports, and they wanted $1900 for the H22 with auto trans, and ECU. (30-50k miles on it) Is this decent?

thanks for the input guys..

Yes it is possible to keep ur auto trans...well at least a "auto trans" with the H22A engine!! there are a few peopple in this forum that have completed exactly what you are looking for! 1900 for engine/auto/ecu?? hmmm i dunno..i think an auto trans might cost a lil more but i might be wrong....ill get back to you on that
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

what company is that?? how can u garantee that an engine is that much in miles?

and u just leave the odo on ur car as is right?

i know what u mean bout h22a. at some point, as i am in right now, i rather have it as a nice daily cruiser than do all that thing.. dont get me wrong though, i'd love to experience it, but i just don't have time, enough deep knowledge, and money to put into a car. stick isn't too bad, its cool..

take it easy. lemme know.. do u guys k now if the engine bolts right onto the trans in our cars? jsut cuirous it'll be a while b4 i try.. cuz only 82k
      hahahahah

Comment

1900 is a little steep for a h22a auto swap. The auto swaps are less sought after because in the tuner market most people want a fast 5-speed honda and auto swaps aren't a common choice for a potential fast car. Look on e-bay and or well known engine importers... auto h22a swaps go for 1,200-1600 at the most. The manual swaps more likely go from 1900-2500 depenending if it's LSD or not/miles etc. and 3500-4500 for a Type-S or Euro-R

If you wish to keep your F-series tranny that will also work with the H-motor however u'll have a H22A with longer gearing. You can get a block with no tranny for $800-$900 at some engine importers.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

i got my engine and auto tranny, ecu, tcu, and full uncut wiring harness for 1750cdn shipped to my door. it is actually easier to do the swap if you put another automatic in because you don't have to modify the tranny mount. i did mine in about a day and a half it was the easiest swap i have ever done. a direct bolt. but you have to makle sure you get the tcu for the h22 or your car will shift at the f22 shift points and you won't get to utilise the power of vtec. good luck.

Comment

you can keep it auto. i have the h22 and it's an automatic. i used the h22 tranny.. paid like 1400 shipped for motor/tranny/ecu.
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

where are u guys getting these deals?..cheapest is ee is like 1900

Comment

i got mine from osaka but for some reason they seem to give canadiand a better deal. plus between my friends and i have ordered about 20 engines from them so maybe we get a discount or something

Comment

actually 1900 is a good deal for tranny/engine/ecu......just make sure that when u purchase the egine it comes with a compression test and leak down test...otherwise ur risking it!!
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Well are you goin for allmotor or boost way down the line after the swap? It depends on how much you have to spend imo.

Comment

i would no way spend 1900 on a motor/tranny/ecu.. unless its a lsd 5 speed.

if you look around you'll find deals like the ones some of us got. just have to keep your eyes open.
                      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I have and auto H22 swap in my 93 driver.... I paid $1700 for the engine, trans, ECU, harness (cut) Local pickup tho
                        **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Working...
                        X