• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only tranny or engine and tranny

wats up
    I read lithiums post on auto to manual swap:
    but my question is this:
    Should I Leave my F22 in and just switch my auto to manual(155,000miles)..
    Or shall I keep saving and Swap the entire engine and then do the tranny conversion then..
    I've been thinkin of doin the whole thing, but then was like hmm, in order to save $$ .. just do this then when I am ready to swap ,,
    would this make it easier?
    very anxious to hear replies. thanks
    J

Yeah i got an automatic with 190,000 miles and i wanna covert it to standard.... Anyone know how much it would be? keeping the stock engine

Comment

of course, you could be like me and have an h22 w/AT & LSD.

All things considered.. the car is still fast!

It is important to consider how many things are affected by doing an auto to manual swap.

But if you don't care about EVERYTHING working perfectly then go for it.

I'm happy with the h22 auto.

Comment

I got the auto to manual swap done to my car. It runs fine and everything works. I currently still have the F22 in my car, but not for long. I did the auto to manual swap because I was tired of automatic and I wanted to get the swap out of the way so that when I get the H22 swapped into the car, I won't have to worry about converting my car over to stick. I am extremely happy with it and it is almost having an entire different car. The automatics in the CB7's are total slushboxes (in my opinion). When I first drove my car as a stick, I couldn't believe how much more responsive my car was and how it accerlated so much faster. The parts cost me $500 and the labor was like $900. So, I say go for the swap if you want it. But, if you are close to having the money for the H22, then just save a little longer and get it all done at the same time.
        "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

yes thats wat i was thinking about doing,, converting from auto to manual , just to get that done,, because i have plenty of life left in the f22....
          so i will probably do that first as well
          no offense coupe_boy , but I just want manual
          no doubt the h22 still gotts speed, but like crawlin said f22 auto-total slush box

and so approx.. 1500 bucks for the auto to manual? cool.

then later the h22 may come into play
          when more $$ comes my way
          but thanks alot for the help

Comment

What are your plans down the road? If your leaving the h22 n/a, swap to the h22 tranny and take advantage of the shorter gears. If you want to turbo, swap in a newer f22 tranny, they have longer gears. Either way, swap in a new tranny. 190K is near

Comment

"Should I Leave my F22 in and just switch my auto to manual(155,000miles).."

lol my quote.. that mileage was from Maple..

I dont believe im going to go turbo...
              but how mush more difficult would it be to throw the h22 manual tranny in with the f22 block. .. specs.. ?
              and wats the cost comparison to the f22 tranny?

Comment

F series and H series trannys are interchangabel. Well, except for the s2000 transmission. Try putting that in your accord! In terms of price. H's have more of a preimum, so your probally going to pay a couple hundred more.

Comment

payin for that beginning letter H
                  but approx how many horses would be gained...for that extra 2-300?

Comment

tranny has nothing to do with power. it has shorter gearing which is better for acceleration. if you do plan on going h22 in the future I would get the h22 tranny, then when you need to swap you can get a long block for like 1200 and an ecu.
                    HSHO #3

Comment

oops im an .....

anyways yeah im sure labor will still be the same, but
                      how much do you think I could still get the H22 Tranny parts for?
                      and would it be cool to run that tranny wit my stock f22? til it (the engine) dies... dont wanna convert it and then need a new tranny again when i get an h22..
                      i would definitely prefer to throw that in there

thanks
                      Last edited by accordzoom; 01-03-2004, 06:01 AM.

Comment

different tranny gearing does make a difference in torque output to your wheels....same when it goes through the differential (it's ratio)...it all multiplies the engine's torque output to get u movin
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

This should help you out... It cost me $100 for all the parts I needed from a junkyard short of a hydraulic clutch hose. Wait to swap the M/T until you are swapping the motor and save yourself some hassle. If you don't plan on turbo, stick with the H22 tranny.

Brad
                          Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

thanks alot...
                            I dont plan on turbo... so yeah i will
                            probably stick with the h22 tranny

but i wanted to convert the tranny before the engine. but id waste a few hundred on the f22 tranny

i dont know

Comment

Working...
                            X