Shutting off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutting off

Sup guys, it has been a while since I have posted on here. I did my swap about a year and a half ago myself. H22 into 93 accord lx just to give some background info. It is an automatic, and just lately I have been having a prob. When I put the car into reverse, it dies. I have no clue what could be causing this. I am throwing a cel for o2 sensor, knock sensor & egr. (The egr & o2 have been for a couple of months, the knock just recently). I dont believe that these codes would cause this prob. And I dont believe I have any vacuum leaks. I ran some sea foam thru the pc valve the other day w/ no help. Any ideas on what could be causing this???

My idle is fine, and every now & then it stumbles when I hit the gas, but only like once and then it is fine for the rest of the day. Could it be a gas pump issue maybe?? All thoughts & ideas are appreciated.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

does it happen only in reverse?

what kind of "die" are we talking about here? The same dying as when you stall the car because the clutch isn't in all the way (if it were a 5spd)? Or does the engine just kinda dewindle and stop...

Just kinda wondering if you had any more info as to what kind of stop we are talking about.
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Yea, it only happens in reverse. And its the kinda "death" where the idle dips really low and then the car studders and cuts off. It'll instantly crank back up no probs tho.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

do you have the ac on? mine did that but we played with my idle a little bit...

SOLD!

Comment

make sure that your vac's are connected properly...it could also be a problem with your O2 sensor...after all it helps control the A:F ratio.
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
          X