who did their own swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who did their own swap?

im probabky gonna do my owen unless i find a shop over here that will do it..but anywho..sharew your experiences..pics..etc..down time of the install..where u did it...like im doin mine at home..so i have to rent an engine lift and etc

Mine took about 2 weeks to finish H22 swap. It can be done sooner, we took our time. My best friend is a mechanic so he did most of it I just watched and handed wrenches tried to learn a thing or two. In my opinion you need to have some decent mechanical skills to pull this off. I read the manual front to back on this swap had the whole thing memorized pretty much, but when it comes right down to doing it, things change. It never goes as planned. I am all for diving right in a and trying it it will cost a pretty penny to have one installed. If any problems arise I found all my answers right here.

Oh and number 1 tip I learned have atleast $500 minimum set aside for misc shit you dont plan on. I went about $800 over what I figured after I bought the motor.
    Last edited by xlr857; 06-12-2005, 03:06 PM.

Comment

i did mine in a night with the help of teh mikay.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Do it yourself. Even if you have to buy all the tools, including engine lift, you will still save over what it would have cost to have someone else do it. The knowledge you will gain will also be priceless. After I got done goofing around, painting the bay, cleaning everything up, rewiring the whole engine bay, only took a little while to slap her in there. So just DIY and you'll never look back.

Comment

did the swap myself and it took me a little over 14 hrs to do it. i had the engine hoist and all the tools(air) and i also did my homework before i started. i ran into no problems. saved a lot of time and money for me to do it instead of a shop.
          www.rms-usa.com

Comment

i did mine w/ some buddies.... took 3 days only because of alcohol... can be done faster as you can see on previous posts

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

i had mine done then had to do mine myself. Then i did shonuffs motor and a couple of others its not at all hard for me i can do the shit in 4 hours tops with no help

Comment

nice...so im guessing you suggest to do it yourself..niice..i think ill do it

Comment

i just finished my jdm f22b swap. i did it at work. it took me about 2 days. and it wasnt as straight forward as everyone says. just a bunch of little things i ran into. best advice i can give you is. research, research, research. and when you have researched it. take your time, plan for your car to be down longer than you expect and take your time. mine came out good. i just need to wire up the iab's, knock sensor, and figure out which a/c compressor to use. other than that....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
                  cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

I paid to have mine done... I went to Autoworks in Maple Shade. I must say that they did a very good job of it. However, that's the only positive thing I can say about them. They estimated $500-$1000 for the labor (which is pretty much what normal shops charge). The mechanics and the owner were former Burns Honda mechanics. They told me they had done swaps before. Apparently they hadn't.

It took them 2 weeks, and when the motor was out of the car, they said they had NO idea what to do with the fuel system (use the Accord fuel rail, dumbasses) or how to hook up the extra wires. The wiring was one of the reasons I didn't care to try it myself... Turns out I had to learn that anyway and tell them how to do it. $1750 was the final bill.

Doing it yourself isn't hard. I haven't done it myself yet, but from reading, and walking those idiot mechanics through it, I know that it's not that hard. If you do it yourself, plan on more money and more time than expected. Everyone here that has done it in a day has had experience doing it, and are quite mechanically inclined. A mechanical retard could do it given enough time and cursing, but it will take a few weeks most likely.

If you decide to go to someone (and you don't go to a member here and pay them... that's my recommendation over a shop) make sure you get a good estimate, and get it in writing! I paid 75% over the HIGH end of my estimate. I still feel the urge to reach down and grab my ankles whenever I think about it!

Comment

well me i did the swap myself with my boy .. it was easy only took 2hrs to take my f22 out and 3 to put the h22 in . only prob am running into is that my f22 was external coil and my h22 is internal .. which i read the swap faq but it seems to help me out a lil .. but i need this bitch running asap .

if you guys have additonal info pm me or hit me up on aim . help would be great .
                      "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

I wish I did mine.

If you really want to know what happened I'll tell yopu guys but I don't feel like getting into right now.

All I can say is, wires aren't that scary. Get some friends and do it yourself.

You'll save yourself a lot of headaches and maybe even your transmission.
                        members/ride | the/website
                        180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

A friend of mine that does swaps all day long is helping me put the my JDM f22b. I can't wait to see what's involved in the process.
                          U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

did my h23 & f22b dohc, took me 2 days(each), started on friday fired up & rolled on sunday afternoon. if you have a buddy help you, it's alot more fun. take your time & if you don't know what you're doing, pay somebody, even if you're the least bit leary.

Comment

I did my swap and it took a week because i sucked at it but its all just plug and play and make sure everythings tight. its easier than it looks and its fun as anything.
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X