Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F22A1 exhaust mani and downpipe on a JDM H22... Will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty much it. I know a girl who got a longblock, and she's trying to figure out what else she needs to buy, and what she can use that she already has.

Dammit, I asked too soon... She has the manifold, just not the downpipe. Anyone know if the F22 downpipe will fit on the manifold?

Comment

The DP off the F22A1 will not work... even if it lines up, the piping is way too restrictive. The H22A DP is the same as the H22A1 & H22A4 (short of the extra O2 sensor on the A4, I believe). If you go to a performance shop, ask if they have any 92-96 Prelude VTECs that are getting an aftermarket header, and if you could have the stock DP and manifold. The USDM bolt pattern and piping size is the same as the JDM, but the manifold is more restrictive than the JDM one.

Brad
      Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

Yeah, I used the Accord exhaust system for a few months after my swap... It really was choking the engine up top!

But, the girl I was talking to has decided (I think...) to sell her CB7 and buy an Integra

Thanks for the help anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
          Yeah, I used the Accord exhaust system for a few months after my swap... It really was choking the engine up top!

But, the girl I was talking to has decided (I think...) to sell her CB7 and buy an Integra

Thanks for the help anyway!
          Don't feel bad, I'm selling my CB7 and getting an INtegra as well to drop my H22A into...

Brad
          Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

h22a into an integra....sorta like H22 in a civic, but not quite. Integra would prolly handle better, since it has a better suspension then a Civic.

yea, I've always liked the 3rd gen integra....in the future I think I'll get one to mod
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If you use an aftermarket header (such as DC or something) the downpipe will bolt up to the stock cat.

With the EX accord, I found the exhaust to be a tad bit restrictive..but not that bad..

Maybe I'll eventually upgrade to a stock prelude exhaust. (I hate those stupid rice mufflers)..

Comment

Working...
              X