swapping f22 for f22?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping f22 for f22?????

ok so apparently i know nothing i've been on this site now for a few months and i know this is a good plpace to get the knowledge NOW i would rather have turbo than an H22 so from what i know i have an f22a4 90 lx usdm stock. whats so great about the JDM f22a? just b/c it's JDM?? i don't know but i wanna put a turbo on the right motor and since i'm doing a tranny swap A/t---->M/T i might as well put the right motor in is it worth the extra 800? my motor has just banged 100k so let me know the advantages of this motor over our f22a4/6's

don't be affraid to talk to me like a retard i only know general things about my hoo-ride

Spanks!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sorry i can't let you in, the back seat is down..."

just cause its a jdm motor, dosent mean anything. you could blow it up the same as your usdm. i would at least do a compression test if your gonna buy a new engine and boost it.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i want something VTEC and i know that the F22's aren't about that but there's no way i'm spending 2500 for an H or an F22B can i make a JDM f22a vtec???i don't fucking know this shit is aggrevating. OK i want a good motor that i can turbo , a tranny that quick in low gears and has decent top out and a mothafxckin turbo dammitt!!!

i' won't be officially racing this car i may not even street race it i just want somethihng quick that i can stunt off the line with a nice turbo and a new engine.

help a brothA i know one of ya'll know's what i'm lookin 4!!

EDIT:: DOESN'T HAVE TO BE VTEC ::

^^^~~~i really just want one of them VTEC inside stickers lol

Comment

vrooomm vrooom vroooom vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...PSSSS [[owns first gear]]VRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRR...PSSS [[owns second]].....................................

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyCar
          vrooomm vrooom vroooom vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...PSSSS [[owns first gear]]VRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRR...PSSS [[owns second]].....................................
          there is always the simulated blow off valve. later
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! you're talking me out of it this isn't cool! i was pretty set on getting one of these setups dammitt i gottta sk "the guy" now

Comment

Fizzy has a point. I'm going turbo, but I'm doing it to my second car. The H22 powered LX is my main car, and is as reliable as ever. I'm as proud of my car's reliability as I am the power it makes!

Turbo is only good if you have an alternate method of transportation (not saying thing WILL go wrong, but fizz put it best... more complicated systems offer more potential for breakage). That, or if you're VERY mechanically inclined and can diagnose and fix a problem before you really need the car again.

MRX and Accord R33 are boosted now, and they haven't had any MAJOR issues that I have seen. Of course, both of them are very knowledgable about their motors... especially when it comes to tuning them.

Comment

I know you are interested in boosting but also possibly in having vtec. Vtec may not be neccessary when you boost since most likely boost will kick in before Vtec will but you can always swap on a Vtec head.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i like the turbo sound too but i love the sound of a well tuned all motor vtec!
                  CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

k, dude, i know how u feel. i want to turbo too, but u really need to do ur research if u really want it. cuz like fizzy said, it can mess up, but only if u dont know what ur doin. if u wanna start out with just a motor, do the H23 or the JDM f22b dohc, those too are very good engines for boost. they are the same engine, basically, the h23 is usdm and the f22b is the jdm. if u want vtec, u can take any of those engines and put a vtec head on it, or u can go get a compressino test on ur f22a and then if all good, do a frank. th2 f22/h22, that would give u the vtec, dohc, and ull still have the iron sleeves for boost. then, u can get the kit that accordR33 sells.

an all na motor can go very wrong also, just like a turbo engine, its all on tuning. thats what real racing is about. its on how well ur car is tuned, no matter if its n/a or turbo.

i would really go with a turbo, thats what im gona do like in 2 years. just gota keep on researching. just as i think that i understnad something, i learn something new about it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcord
                      k, dude, i know how u feel. i want to turbo too, but u really need to do ur research if u really want it. cuz like fizzy said, it can mess up, but only if u dont know what ur doin. if u wanna start out with just a motor, do the H23 or the JDM f22b dohc, those too are very good engines for boost. they are the same engine, basically, the h23 is usdm and the f22b is the jdm. if u want vtec, u can take any of those engines and put a vtec head on it, or u can go get a compressino test on ur f22a and then if all good, do a frank. th2 f22/h22, that would give u the vtec, dohc, and ull still have the iron sleeves for boost. then, u can get the kit that accordR33 sells.

an all na motor can go very wrong also, just like a turbo engine, its all on tuning. thats what real racing is about. its on how well ur car is tuned, no matter if its n/a or turbo.

i would really go with a turbo, thats what im gona do like in 2 years. just gota keep on researching. just as i think that i understnad something, i learn something new about it.
                      I agree with everything that jdmcord says. I turboed a JDM F22B and its my daily driver. So far i have not had any major problems. I did plenty of research on this so i was able to know what to expect and how to handle any problems should they arise. I also check up on my oil lines, and vacuum lines at least once every two weeks for leaks. That way i can catch any minor problems before they become major problems. So basically turbo is much more maintainace than a n/a motor but once you stay on top of it, it won't be any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcord
                        if u wanna start out with just a motor, do the H23 or the JDM f22b dohc, those too are very good engines for boost. they are the same engine, basically, the h23 is usdm and the f22b is the jdm.
                        actually the H23 and F22b blocks are different. the H23 uses FRM sleves like the H22, which means new sleves if you want new pistons for higher boost in the future.

and n/a cars suck
                        i kid i kid

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          actually the H23 and F22b blocks are different. the H23 uses FRM sleves like the H22, which means new sleves if you want new pistons for higher boost in the future.

and n/a cars suck
                          i kid i kid
                          Finally, someone has an answer to that! I was wondering about the H23 sleeves!

For a mild turbo application, I would go with the stock F22. Why do a swap with the stock motor, even with high miles, can make plenty of power? Eric (R33) would probably beat me in a race!

The F22B DOHC is a great idea if you want DOHC and a good motor for turbo. The JDM motors are supposedly low mileage, so that's less wear.

Turbo is only good if you are prepared to deal with the extra problems that MAY come with it. Maintenance is key, if nothing else! With my NA H22, I sometimes go a full oil change without even popping the hood!

Comment

Working...
                          X