Help wiring up the clutch switch for cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help wiring up the clutch switch for cruise

Ok, before anyone says "Search n00b!", I did a search and I couldn't find anything that helped.

I found a place that has the cruise control computer that I need to finish my auto to manual swap, but I need help figuring out how to wire up the clutch switch. I know that it is the pink wire comimg out of the ccu that needs to be grounded to make it work, but do I just cut the wire and ground it (thereby bypassing the switch entirely), or can I actually wire up the switch so that when I tap the clutch the cruise shuts off (preferable)?

I guess I could run the pink wire to one side of the switch and a ground wire to the other, but would that work?
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

You are going to have to rig up the switch to work. If you try and bypass it, the car acts as if the clutch is always pushed in, and cruise will not work. after wondering why my cruise did not work.. I figured out that was my problem.

Im not sure about what wires go to what, but I would just suggest getting the switch with the whole pedal assembly, and wiring it up like stock. Check the helms manual, if you dont have one, there is one online, not sure if it has wiring, but its worth a try.

Comment

Well, I figured it out. I replaced the cruise computer with one from a 92 LX 5spd and using the Chilton manual (it's all I have at the moment) wiring diagrams, I wired the pink wire on the switch to the pink wire on the cc computer and the black wire to the ground wire on the cc computer and I now have cruise control again!! It RAWKS!

Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

agreed, cruise control rules going down the turnpike from miami up to where i live [pompano beach]

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Working...
        X