throttle body??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle body??

I wanna know what throttle body i can put for better perf., i have a jdm f22b single cam vtec.

Originally posted by No1streetjustic
    I wanna know what throttle body i can put for better perf., i have a jdm f22b single cam vtec.

send your tb out to get ported and polished to:

www.maxbore.com

i can vouch for him since he did the work for my H22 tb; and there are others on this site too who's had their throttle bodies p&p by jorge too.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

me too, vrooooooooo000m! thanks to carlitos!
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
        send your tb out to get ported and polished to:

www.maxbore.com

i can vouch for him since he did the work for my H22 tb; and there are others on this site too who's had their throttle bodies p&p by jorge too.
        Im sending mine out in a few weeks to them. I've heard nothing but good stuff about them!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
        91 accord lx (5spd)
        92 accord lx (5spd)
        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by No1streetjustic
          i have a jdm f22b single cam vtec.
          You mean an F22B1?
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i didnt know there is sohc b1 thats jdm? i have usdm in my CL.....

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenDX
              i didnt know there is sohc b1 thats jdm? i have usdm in my CL.....
              Yep there is! I have a JDM sohc vtec (f22b1) laying around at a friends house.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
              91 accord lx (5spd)
              92 accord lx (5spd)
              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

fugishi ports TB'S TO!!!!!

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Just upgrade to an OE H22/H23 TB. The engine isn't engineered for performance to begin with and if you TB gets to large you'll lose to much intake charge velocity and you'll actually be slower.

With these Accords being so heavy you need to keep as much torque as possible.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

If i get a h22 or h23 tb will it fit or will i have to modify it cuz id rather do that than p&p my stock one?

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                      Just upgrade to an OE H22/H23 TB. The engine isn't engineered for performance to begin with and if you TB gets to large you'll lose to much intake charge velocity and you'll actually be slower.

With these Accords being so heavy you need to keep as much torque as possible.
                      So your saying if we bore out our f22 TB....were going to lose power? Just curious because I was planning on getting my bored out.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                      91 accord lx (5spd)
                      92 accord lx (5spd)
                      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7accord
                        So your saying if we bore out our f22 TB....were going to lose power? Just curious because I was planning on getting my bored out.
                        He's saying basically, if you bore the TB (inside diameter) out too much, something like 72mm, which is too big! The air flow would be too much @ once, the car wasn't engineered to handle that, and would lose tq. Jorge did my stock TB to 67mm, tapered to 64mm, I portmatched my plenum to keep things consistent with flow. I noticed power immediately, it's noticeable on the butt dyno for sure.
                        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                          He's saying basically, if you bore the TB (inside diameter) out too much, something like 72mm, which is too big! The air flow would be too much @ once, the car wasn't engineered to handle that, and would lose tq. Jorge did my stock TB to 67mm, tapered to 64mm, I portmatched my plenum to keep things consistent with flow. I noticed power immediately, it's noticeable on the butt dyno for sure.
                          Alright thanks! Glad I know this before I bore out my throttle body.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                          91 accord lx (5spd)
                          92 accord lx (5spd)
                          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Working...
                          X